Tuesday, 7 December 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Browne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Order of Business. (36 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, a motion referred to the Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, which has completed its discussions — it relates to the fact that all...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth Protocol set out in the Treaty of Amsterdam, to notify the President of the...
- Garda Síochána Bill 2004: Committee Stage. (233 speeches)
On a point of order, I have just received notice from you, a Chathaoirligh, that you are disallowing amendment No. 12.
- Tribunal of Inquiry into Certain Planning Matters and Payments Bill 2004: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision in respect of the exercise of a particular discretion by the Tribunal of Inquiry into Certain Planning Matters and Payments.
- Tribunal of Inquiry into Certain Planning Matters and Payments Bill 2004: Second Stage. (15 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Tribunal of Inquiry into Certain Planning Matters and Payments Bill 2004: Committee and Remaining Stages. (25 speeches)
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (2 speeches)
The announcement in December 2003 of the Government's decentralisation programme provided a significant boost to the entire country. We in County Cavan were delighted that our county town, Cavan...
- Driving Licences. (4 speeches)
I apologise to the House for my absence. I got caught out in terms of the time. A constituent of mine served in the Garda for 30 years. During that time he would have driven over 100,000 miles on...
- Industrial Relations Issues. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House to discuss this important matter. I call on the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources to outline the actions he proposes to take...