Tuesday, 9 March 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Terry that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Social and Family...
- Order of Business. (62 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2003 — Committee Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than 4.30 p.m.;...
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2003: Committee Stage. (10 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- Business of Seanad. (2 speeches)
I propose that, with the approval of the House, we take Report and Final Stages of the Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill when Committee Stage has concluded.
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2003: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages. (48 speeches)
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2003: Motion for Earlier Signature. (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Public Health...
- Air Navigation and Transport (International Conventions) Bill 2004: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to give effect to certain international conventions relating to international carriage by air; and to provide for related matters.
- Air Navigation and Transport (International Conventions) Bill 2004: Second Stage. (26 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matter. (0 speeches)
- Health Board Services. (2 speeches)
The Minister should be well aware of the difficulties in many areas of the country where we just do not have sufficient community welfare officers. Those officers are under great stress working...