Wednesday, 25 February 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Brennan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (86 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Industrial Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2003 — Second Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than...
- Industrial Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2003: Second Stage. (13 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Competition Authority Report: Statements. (36 speeches)
The Government welcomes the publication of the Competition Authority's preliminary report and consultation document on competition issues in the non-life insurance market. In the wider context,...
- Dormant Accounts: Motion. (209 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann condemns the decision of the Government to undermine the independence of the Dormant Funds Account Board by transferring all decisions on dormant fund disbursements...
- Message from Dáil. (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has agreed to the amendments made by Seanad Éireann to the Civil Registration Bill 2003.
- Civil Registration Bill 2003: Motion for Earlier Signature. (17 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2 of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Civil Registration Bill...
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2003: Report and Final Stages. (45 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 7 are related and will be taken together by agreement.
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2003: Motion for Earlier Signature. (7 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2 of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the European Parliament...
- Adjournment Matter. (0 speeches)
- School Transport. (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. I call on the Minister for Education and Science to clarify the access to school transport arrangements currently in place for students from...