Thursday, 12 February 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Tuffy that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (49 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, the European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2003 — Second Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than...
- European Parliament Elections (Amendment) Bill 2003: Second Stage. (61 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I am looking for an update on school accommodation in the Lucan area. I have raised the matter a number of times. Since I raised the issue last, the building programme for 2004 was announced,...
- Teacher Training Colleges. (2 speeches)
In the 1980s, too many teachers were being trained in colleges when there were not enough jobs and the number of places in teacher training colleges was cut back. At this time, Carysfort college...
- Road Network. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy McDaid, to the House. I am disappointed that the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government is not here to...