Wednesday, 11 February 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Higgins that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Order of Business. (60 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, a motion concerning the appointment of Mr. Seán Ó Cuirreáin as An Coimisinéir Teanga, which will be taken without debate; No. 2, Immigration Bill 2004 —...
- Presidential Appointment: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann recommends Mr. Seán Ó Cuirreáin for appointment by the President to be An Coimisinéir Teanga.
- Immigration Bill 2004 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages. (53 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed on the...
- Immigration Bill 2004: Motion for Earlier Signature. (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2, of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Immigration Bill...
- Business of Seanad. (24 speeches)
I wish to propose a change to the Order of Business. It was decided that the Minister of State would be called upon to reply five minutes before the conclusion of the statements. The Minister of...
- Electronic Voting: Statements. (70 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to discuss the introduction of electronic voting and counting at the European Parliament and local elections next June. In the short time available to me, I wish to...
- Civil Registration Bill 2003: Second Stage. (15 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Regional Development: Motion. (173 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann—— —recognises that each and every region must have, and must be encouraged to have, a role in sustaining our national prosperity and progress and believes that...
- Civil Registration Bill 2003: Second Stage (Resumed). (24 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this matter and I apologise for my absence last week when I was listed to discuss it. I thank the Minister of State at the Department of the...
- Urban Renewal Schemes. (5 speeches)
This is the third time I have submitted this matter. I hope the Minister of State will react positively to it. While the time limit for applications under the urban renewal tax incentive scheme...
- Water Sports Vehicles. (6 speeches)
I wish to share two minutes of my time with my party's spokesman on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Senator MacSharry.