Wednesday, 18 February 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator McHugh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- European of the Year: Statements. (8 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for his guidance in respect of this matter and for deciding that because the occasion is so important for the Seanad and for the person concerned, and even though it is...
- Order of Business. (126 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, the Equality Bill 2004 — Committee Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude at 2 p.m.; No. 2, Civil Registration Bill 2003...
- Equality Bill 2004: Committee Stage. (101 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Civil Registration Bill 2003: Committee Stage. (202 speeches)
- Revenue Commissioners: Motion. (32 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann notes: 1. the very small number of criminal convictions secured by the Revenue Commissioners in relation to tax offences; 2. the apparent reluctance on the part of...
- Civil Registration Bill 2003: Committee Stage (Resumed). (200 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the urgent need for the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government to approve the preliminary report for Galway County Council on the provision of a sewage...
- Schools Refurbishment. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise an issue regarding Ballyraine national school which was brought to my attention in recent months by the school board of management. Lobbying in this regard has been ongoing since...