Wednesday, 26 November 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mooney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Communications,...
- Order of Business. (127 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, a procedural motion agreed by the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on the attendance of Joe McCartin, MEP, in the House this morning, to be taken without...
- Addresses by Members of the European Parliament: Motions. (2 speeches)
- Address by Mr. Joe McCartin, MEP. (22 speeches)
On my own behalf and on behalf of Seanad Éireann I welcome Mr. Joe McCartin, Member of the European Parliament for the Connacht-Ulster constituency since 1994. Prior to that Mr. McCartin served...
- Book of Estimates 2004: Statements. (105 speeches)
I am delighted to have this opportunity to debate the 2004 pre-budget Estimates in Seanad Éireann.
- Overseas Development Aid: Motion. (35 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: notes a major review of the Government's development co-operation programme has just been completed by the OECD's Development Assistance Committee, DAC;
- Adjournment Matters. - Potato Production. (4 speeches)
Several potato growers in my area, County Kilkenny, have brought to my attention the possible disaster that could occur if the potato disease, ring rot, were to arrive on our shores. The farm in...
- Adjournment Matters. - Unsolicited E-mail. (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to speak on this issue which is daily increasing in importance. I compliment the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources on...
- Adjournment Matters. - Capitation Grants. (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I have called on the Minister for Education and Science to outline the plans in place to increase the capitation grant to voluntary secondary schools...