Wednesday, 18 December 2002
- Prelude (0 speeches)
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Minihan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (71 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 1, a motion referred to the Joint Committee on the Environment and Local Government, on which it has completed its deliberations and which relates to specific...
- Protection of the Environment: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of a proposal for an...
- Social Welfare Bill, 2002: Second Stage. (97 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Social Welfare Bill, 2002: Committee and Remaining Stages. (17 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Social Welfare Bill, 2002: Motion for Earlier Signature. (1 speech)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2o of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Social Welfare Bill,...
- Business of Seanad. (9 speeches)
I propose the suspension of the sitting until 5.15 p.m.
- Statute Law (Restatement) Bill, 2000 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages. (11 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed on the...
- Domestic Violence (Amendment) Bill, 2002: Motion for Earlier Signature. (1 speech)
- Immigration Bill, 2002: Committee Stage. (335 speeches)
On a point of order, a Chathaoirligh, under Standing Order 63 I wish to move that the House report progress. We have been presented with extraordinarily complex Government amendments which did...
- Adjournment Matters. - Cork School of Music. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. Cork City has been declared European City of Culture in 2005, a prestigious honour not only for Cork but for the country, which will help us...
- Adjournment Matters. - Schools Building Projects. (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for giving me the opportunity to raise the matter of the building of a new school at St. Nicholas's primary school, Adare, County Limerick. I recently attended the...
- Adjournment Matters. - Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Lenihan. I offer my deepest sympathy to the mother and family in Monaghan on the sad loss of an infant, which always touches the heart of the...