Wednesday, 6 November 2002
- Prelude (0 speeches)
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mansergh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Order of Business. (99 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re establishment of Joint Committee on Standing Orders, to be taken without debate; No. 2, report of the Committee of Selection, which the...
- Request to Move Adjournment of the Seanad under Standing Order 29. (12 speeches)
Before we move on to No.1, I have received a request from Senator O'Toole to adjourn the Seanad under Standing Order 29.
- Joint Committee on Standing Orders: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, in pursuance of Standing Order 26 of the Standing Orders relative to Private Business, the Joint Committee on Standing Orders be appointed. Question put and agreed to.
- Second Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion. (1 speech)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: This is the second report of the Committee of Selection. The Committee of Selection reports that it has nominated the following Members to serve on the Joint Committee...
- Agriculture and Food: Statements. (22 speeches)
I extend my congratulations to the Cathaoirleach on his appointment and all the new Members elected to Seanad Éireann since my last visit here. The Seanad is a fine forum for discussing and...
- Social Welfare Benefits: Motion. (50 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, recognising –the advances carried out by the Minister for Social and Family Affairs and the Department over the past five years, –the improvements in social...
- Adjournment Matters. - Railway Services. (3 speeches)
With the approval of the House, I will share my time with Senator Jim Walsh.
- Adjournment Matters. - Swimming Pool Projects. (2 speeches)
As the Minister knows, Tuam swimming pool has been listed for redevelopment since 1998. In November 2000 a new set of plans was prepared by Galway County Council with the objective of building a...
- Adjournment Matters. - National Lottery. (2 speeches)
I call on the Minister to intervene in the current lotto dispute. The National Lottery is downgrading up to 60 lotto terminals most of which are in rural areas. This will be a blow to the...