Wednesday, 20 November 2002
- Prelude (0 speeches)
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Kitt that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to ensure...
- Order of Business. (85 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Digital Hub Development Agency Bill, 2002 – Committee Stage (resumed), to conclude no later than 1.30 p.m.; No. 2, European Communities (Amendment) Bill, 2002...
- Digital Hub Development Agency Bill, 2002: Committee Stage (Resumed). (100 speeches)
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill, 2002: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the European Communities Act, 1972, and to provide for other connected matters.
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill, 2002: Second Stage. (18 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill, 2002: Committee and Remaining Stages. (21 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Northern Ireland: Statements. (29 speeches)
I welcome the Taoiseach to the House.
- Housing Grants: Motion. (90 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann condemns the decision of this Government to abolish the first-time buyer's grant, in the light of the crisis in housing affordability and the continuing increase in...
- Adjournment Matters. - Rail Network. (3 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me to raise this issue and I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Parlon, to the House. I am a member of the Western Inter-County Railway Committee which has been...
- Adjournment Matters. - Flood Relief. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Parlon, to the House to give his views on the stress caused to many local residents and businesses in the Clonee, Dunboyne and Mulhuddart areas last...
- Adjournment Matters. - Afforestation Programme. (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for selecting this item and the Minister of State for his presence at this debate. When we look at the Estimates for the coming year, we see that the Minister of State...