Wednesday, 17 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 12 noon
- Leaders' Questions (24 speeches)
Melanoma is a cancer predominately of the young with potentially many lost years of life and with devastating effects on many families. Ireland is the 14th most susceptible country to melanoma...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (83 speeches, 2 comments)
I remind Members that in respect of promised legislation there is one minute per question and one minute per answer.
- Urban Regeneration and Housing (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Urban Regeneration and Housing Act 2015 to remove certain exemptions applying to the vacant site levy, to raise the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (16 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on health last met; and when it is next due to meet. [23026/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (43 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on arts, Irish and the Gaeltacht last met; and when it is scheduled to meet again. [22964/17]
- Programme for Government Implementation (53 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the recently published progress report on the programme for a partnership Government. [22966/17]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Fergus O'Dowd - to...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Remuneration (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his Department’s assessment of the report of the public sector pay commission; the implications for the Defence Forces; and if he will...
- Ministerial Transport (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if a decision was taken in 2016 to prioritise the ministerial air transport service over the provision of top cover for search and rescue...
- Air Corps Strength (9 speeches)
33. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the action his Department took when the general officer commanding the Air Corps outlined serious concerns regarding the extreme pressure...
- Defence Forces Retirements (8 speeches)
34. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the severance arrangements that have been introduced for enlisted personnel that have joined the Permanent Defence Force since 1994 and that...
- Naval Service (9 speeches)
35. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans for the development of naval capabilities, including increasing the role of the Naval Service in fisheries protection and monitoring...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Remuneration (11 speeches)
36. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the details of the submission made to the Public Service Pay Commission by his Department and the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform...
- Air Corps (9 speeches)
37. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans to provide additional resources in 2017 for the Air Corps; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23267/17]
- Civil Defence (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the position on the relocation of the Westmeath Civil Defence headquarters further to his officials meeting members of Westmeath County Council;...
- Defence Forces Equipment (8 speeches)
39. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he has had discussions at EU level with a view to delivering better value for money when purchasing new equipment platforms for the Defence...
- Defence Forces Medicinal Products (13 speeches)
40. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if the medical service of the Defence Forces is continuing to prescribe the anti-malarial drug Lariam for members of the Defence Forces; and if...
- Defence Forces Recruitment (8 speeches)
41. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the position on measures being taken to facilitate a return to service of former members of the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Criminal Justice (Victims of Crime) Bill 2016 and has made amendments thereto.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Local Government Reform (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister. This is a hugely important issue in my town, the area around Drogheda and the whole county. The latest census of population shows that Drogheda is now the biggest town...
- Surveillance Operations (38 speeches)
We will now move on to the next topic addressed to the Minister for Justice and Equality, in the names of Deputies Ó Snodaigh, Clare Daly, Boyd-Barrett, Eamon Ryan and Wallace. Deputies...
- Forest Fires (4 speeches)
Last week I raised the matter of the forest fires that raged in Connemara all that week. I wish to pay tribute to the staff on the ground, the Air Corps, the Army, the Garda, the National Parks...
- Insurance Costs: Motion [Private Members] (35 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: notes that:— spiralling business and motor insurance costs are undermining the competitiveness of the State and pressuring businesses and households;...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Communications, Climate Action and Environment has completed its consideration of the Minerals Development Bill 2015 and has made amendments thereto.
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2016: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (104 speeches)
Before beginning, I seek the agreement of the House for amendment No. 97 to be taken out of group 10 and put into group 11.