Wednesday, 31 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10 a.m.
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Prohibition of Onshore Hydraulic Fracturing) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (83 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1: (Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett)
- Heritage Bill 2016 [Seanad]: Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am very pleased to have this opportunity to introduce the Heritage Bill 2016 and I look forward to the discussion in the House. The...
- Leaders' Questions (60 speeches)
Our sympathies go to all of those who have suffered as a result of the horrific terrorist attack in Kabul. Up to 80 people were murdered in an unwarranted attack. I want to raise with the...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (55 speeches)
Some 17 Members wish to put questions so I ask them to be brief.
- Amendment of Terms of Reference of the Special Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution: Motion (18 speeches)
I move:That the Order of the Dáil of 4th April, 2017, relating to the Special Joint Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution be amended as follows in paragraph (c): (i) by the...
- Valuation (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Valuation Act 2001 to provide certainty to commercial rate payers by creating a limit on the maximum variation of...
- Criminal Justice (Commission of Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the law in relation to sentencing in certain respects, to add certain sexual offences to Schedule 2 of the Criminal...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Strategy Statements (27 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the details of the core activity of support for Independent Ministers in Government outlined in his Department's statement of strategy. [24360/17]
- Brexit Issues (22 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff in his Department and the positions they hold specifically dealing with implementing the Government's approach to Ireland and the negotiations on the...
- Brexit Issues (17 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach the rationale underpinning the decision not to seek a veto on any aspect of Brexit separation negotiations. [25445/17]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Fergus O'Dowd - the cost...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Fraud Cost (9 speeches)
26. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the way in which the figure of €506 million given in the "welfare cheats cheat us all" campaign is calculated; and if he will make a statement...
- School Meals Programme (17 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the reason cuts were made to the school meals programme in 2017; the schools which are expected to do without the necessary funding for the remainder...
- State Bodies Mergers (9 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if his attention has been drawn to the report from the Joint Committee on Social Protection on the restructuring of the Money Advice and Budgeting...
- JobPath Implementation (23 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if his attention has been drawn to the detrimental effect the Turas Nua scheme is having on participants, community employment schemes, Tús and...
- Tax and Social Welfare Codes (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the new measures his Department may be considering regarding the way in which unpaid forms of work such as caring may be rewarded by the State; and...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Community Employment Schemes Places (16 speeches)
Question No. 31 is in the name of Deputy Eoin Ó Broin. Permission has been given to Deputy John Brady to take this question.
- Treatment Benefit Scheme Eligibility (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Social Protection his plans to extend the treatment benefit scheme to employed and self-employed persons; if he has conducted an analysis of the cost of extending the...
- Family Income Supplement (7 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Social Protection further to Parliamentary Question No. 176 of 18 May 2017, the reason for the rise in the number of families in receipt of family income supplement...
- Social Welfare Benefits Eligibility (7 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he is considering developing a different system of assessment for eligibility for disability and carer's allowance; and if he will make a...
- JobPath Implementation (18 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the criteria required for a person to transfer from JobPath to community employment and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25974/17]
- Pension Provisions (8 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Social Protection his plans to expand the provision of the homemaker's credit scheme and the volunteer development worker scheme which commenced in 1994 and 1983...
- Social Welfare Schemes (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Social Protection further to Parliamentary Question No. 710 of 14 February 2017, the input his Department had into the Defence Forces employment support scheme; the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Supreme Court Rulings (16 speeches)
The first Topical Issue, in the name of Deputies Fiona O'Loughlin, Bríd Smith and Mick Barry to the Minister for Justice and Equality, is the Supreme Court ruling on the right of asylum...
- Disability Support Services (15 speeches)
I am disappointed that the Minister for Health is not here to give me an answer in person. I would like to share one minute of my time with Deputy Mary Butler because she has concerns about this...
- Employment Rights (11 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Leo Varadkar, for making himself available. He always responds to his own Topical Issues. I am grateful for his presence, bearing in mind the...
- Fisheries Protection (6 speeches)
I assume the Minister is equally aware of the difficulties regarding special predators and the consequent effect of diminishing fish stocks on the income of inshore fishermen, in particular those...
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme: Motion [Private Members] (34 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: recognises:— the importance of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme, which provides essential financial support for those in need of long-term nursing...
- Companies (Amendment) Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move:"That Report Stage be taken now."
- Companies (Amendment) Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (67 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration.
- Competition (Amendment) Act 2016 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Competition (Amendment) Act 2016 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (39 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (53 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."