Tuesday, 2 May 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.00 p.m.
- Leaders' Questions (40 speeches)
Last November at Government Buildings, the Taoiseach and the Minister for Health announced with great fanfare that the National Maternity Hospital was to be co-located with St. Vincent's...
- Order of Business (67 speeches)
I call Deputy Clare Daly to announce the Order of Business for the week ahead.
- Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business be amended by the adoption of the following Standing Order in substitution for Standing Order 21:...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 6th May, 2016, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Meetings (52 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with Chancellor Merkel on 6 April 2017. [17713/17]
- Departmental Administrative Arrangements (15 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach the role of the economic policy unit in his Department. [17832/17]
- Northern Ireland (18 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach the role of the British-Irish and Northern Ireland affairs section in his Department. [17833/17]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Anne Rabbitte - the...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (77 speeches)
I am pleased to address the House following the meeting of the European Council last Saturday, 29 April. This was the first meeting since the British Prime Minister, Theresa May, formally...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Council (10 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht if the Arts Council will be publishing a new arts and disability policy in 2017; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [20441/17]
- Meath na Gaeltachta (9 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht cad a dhéanfaidh an Rialtas chun stop a chur le meath na Gaeltachta; agus an ndéanfaidh sí ráiteas ina thaobh....
- Arts in Education Charter (13 speeches)
41. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the steps she will be taking to increase the provision of arts education to schools; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Arts Funding (15 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her views on the role of Aosdána in recognising and supporting Irish artists; if she plans to limit and diminish the scheme; and...
- National Monuments (7 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht if she has considered the report of a group (details supplied) issued in March 2017; her plans to implement the recommendations in the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Acht na Gaeltachta (8 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht cad é stádas na bpleananna teanga; agus go háirithe, cé mhéad plean atá críochnaithe agus curtha os...
- CLÁR Programme (8 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the status of the 2017 CLÁR programme; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [20387/17]
- Action Plan for Rural Development Implementation (8 speeches)
47. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the status of the actions that have been progressed by her Department under the Action Plan for Rural Development; and if she will...
- Broadband Service Provision (7 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the way many local authorities have appointed dedicated broadband roll-out co-ordinators as required by her Department's task force on...
- Scéim Athnuachana na mBailte agus na Sráidbhailte (5 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht an bhfuair aon bhaile, atá suite i gcroílár Ghaeltacht Chonamara agus atá chomh tábhachtach sin...
- Cultural Policy (11 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her plans to develop a national cultural strategy up to 2025. [19861/17]
- Rural Recreation Policy (5 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht when the rural recreation programme will open for applications; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [20344/17]
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Nursing Home Beds Data (8 speeches)
I would like to share my time with Deputy Fitzmaurice.
- Respite Care Services Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important issue. I will give the Minister of State a two-year history of the situation. Respite facilities were discontinued for children with...
- Western Development Commission (22 speeches)
I will be sharing my time with Deputy Anne Rabbitte. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this issue. As I am sure the Minister of State is aware, in the past week we heard...
- Areas of Natural Constraint Scheme (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister for taking this very important Topical Issue on disadvantaged areas, which are now called areas of natural constraints. Some 52% of my own county of Laois is designated as...
- Mental Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (29 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Before I begin, I wish to make a general apology on behalf of my party colleagues, many of whom are attending the funeral of Deputy Sean...
- Mental Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Standing Order 27: Motion (25 speeches)
I move:That, in accordance with the recommendation of the Committee on Procedure under Standing Order 107(1)(a), and with effect from 9 May 2017, the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann...