Wednesday, 14 January 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Personnel (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Defence if the Defence Forces have succeeded in recruiting the required number of doctors; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1391/15]
- Overseas Missions (7 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Defence if he will confirm plans to send Irish Defence Forces personnel to the Indian Ocean to tackle piracy; the number of personnel who will be involved; and the...
- Overseas Missions (9 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Defence whether he will acknowledge the serious mistake and breach of our neutrality by successive Governments in sending Irish troops to Afghanistan, making us...
- Defence Forces Personnel (7 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Defence if he will provide an update on any discussions or plans to revise the 21-year rule with regard to service in the Defence Forces; and if he will make a...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Reserve (9 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Defence his plans for the development of the Reserve Defence Force; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1216/15]
- Defence Forces Properties (9 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Defence if a stock-take of unused Defence Forces property has been conducted; the amount of property that has been disposed of by transfer to other State bodies or by...
- Defence Forces (24 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Defence in view of the fact that only two officers were ever retired under section 47(2) of the Defence Act 1954, as prescribed by Regulation A15 paragraph 18(1)(f) in...
- Overseas Missions (10 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Defence the position regarding the decision to approve the participation of seven members of the Defence Forces in the resolute support mission in Afghanistan in view...
- Defence Forces Recruitment (5 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Defence when he will commence recruitment into the Army bomb disposal units; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1203/15]
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
The Seanad has passed the Water Services Bill 2014, without amendment.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Terence Flanagan,...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Education and Training Provision (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this matter, which was brought to my attention during the Christmas recess. St. Catherine's community services centre in Carlow runs a Moving...
- Water Supply Contamination (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue, and I commend the people of Williamstown for raising it and bringing it to the attention of the national and local media in a very...
- Accident and Emergency Department Waiting Times (15 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity of raising this most important issue and I thank the Minister for Health for being present for this Topical Issue matter. Fast and effective...
- Leaders' Questions (97 speeches)
I wish the Ceann Comhairle a very happy 2015.
- Order of Business (101 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 17, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the association agreements between the European Union and...
- Proposed Approval by Dáil Éireann of the Terms of the Association Agreements between the European Union and Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves:(i) the terms of the Association Agreement between the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member...
- Visit of French Ambassador (1 speech)
Before proceeding with statements regarding the attack in Paris, on behalf of all Members, I welcome His Excellency the Ambassador of France, Mr. Thébault, to the Distinguished Visitors'...
- Terrorist Attack in Paris: Statements (8 speeches, 1 comment)
Once more today, on behalf of the Government and the people of Ireland, I extend my deepest sympathy to those grieving the loss of the 17 men and women murdered in Paris in an episode that began...
- Registration of Lobbying Bill 2014: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Registration of Lobbying Bill 2014: Report Stage (72 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is in the names of the Minister and Deputy McDonald. Amendments Nos. 1 and 64 to 67, inclusive, are related and will be discussed together.
- Hospital Services: Motion [Private Members] (22 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: noting:— the deplorable overcrowding being experienced in hospital emergency departments; — the record number of patients waiting on trolleys;...