Tuesday, 13 December 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Army Barracks (20 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Defence the cost saving on a per barrack basis for his decision to close barracks at Mullingar, Clonmel, Cavan and Castlebar; the capital requirements on a...
- Defence Forces Review (9 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Defence the process of consultation he engaged in before his decision to reduce the number of brigades from three to two; the persons or groups with whom he...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions (4 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Defence the moneys outstanding from the UN to Ireland in respect of our peace keeping duties; his views that the appropriate procedures are in place for the...
- Defence Forces Review (14 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Defence further to Parliamentary Question No. 10 of 21 September 2011, the further progress that has been made with the Value for Money Review of the...
- Industrial Disputes (8 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Defence his views regarding the threat that the Defence Forces would be used to carry out the work of firefighters in County Roscommon, who are in dispute...
- Naval Service (10 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Defence the total cost for the provision of two new off shore patrol vessels for the Naval Service. [38662/11]
- Departmental Expenditure (8 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Defence the capital projects he intends to undertake during 2012. [38691/11]
- Overseas Missions (3 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Defence the extent he and his EU colleagues bilaterally or in conjunction with the UN have had discussions in the matter of peace-keeping or...
- Defence Forces Strength (3 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to increase the number of permanent members of the Defence Forces to 9,500. [38656/11]
- Defence Forces Medical Service (6 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Defence the outstanding matters in the Defence Forces Medical Services Review to be implemented; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38655/11]
- Army Barracks (2 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Defence if he is satisfied that capacity is available at Custume Barracks, Athlone, County Westmeath to cater for additional personnel; and if he will make...
- Leaders' Questions (73 speeches)
The devil was truly in the detail of the budget last week. The Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Burton, boasted that there would be no cuts to primary weekly social welfare payments....
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Economic Management Council (119 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the amount of times the Economic Management Council meets. [34293/11]
- Freedom of Information (11 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Taoiseach if he has reviewed the policy implications of decisions by him on freedom of information requests since the matter was last discussed in Dáil Éireann; and if...
- Programme for Government (19 speeches)
Question 14: To ask the Taoiseach the staffing and costs of the unit in his Department charged with overseeing the implementation of the Programme for Government. [35997/11]
- European Council Meetings (75 speeches)
Question 17: To ask the Taoiseach if he has any plans to meet with the new Spanish Prime Minister. [37289/11]
- Order of Business (123 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad] - Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the Dáil shall sit later...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Robert Troy - the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Medical Cards (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for permitting me to raise this matter. There has been a great deal of talk in recent weeks, both in this House and outside it, regarding changes in social welfare...
- Mental Health Services (14 speeches)
Deputies Joe Costello, Derek Keating, Maureen O'Sullivan and Alex White, have four minutes between them.
- Departmental Properties (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue. I thank the Minister, Deputy Quinn, for coming to the House to deal with it. Piper's Hill is a new all-embracing educational campus just...
- Educational Disadvantage (30 speeches)
I appreciate the flexibility offered by the Chair because this is a serious issue. I do not know when the Minister, Deputy Quinn, last visited a DEIS school, or whether he did so recently. The...
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad]: Second Stage (88 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The Local Government (Household Charge) Bill's purpose is to give effect to the EU-IMF programme of financial support commitment to introduce a...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Rural Areas: Motion (90 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: — condemns the Government for introducing a series of budgetary measures that discriminate against those who can least afford it and particularly those in rural...
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (50 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."