Wednesday, 14 December 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (172 speeches)
The Taoiseach seemed to be confused yesterday about the impact of the budget on DEIS schools and disadvantaged schools. He gave the impression that the pupil-teacher ratios in such schools would...
- Order of Business (81 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a11, motion re membership of committee; No. b11, Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad] – Financial Resolution; No. 20, statements on European...
- Allocation of Time: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the extra time allowed for statements on the European Council meeting in Brussels be accommodated in the time allowed for the sos today...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (6 speeches)
We have 51 seconds left on the Order of Business.
- Membership of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Jonathan O'Brien be discharged from the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform and that Deputy Pádraig Mac Lochlainn be appointed in substitution for him.
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 - Financial Resolution: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act of an annual household charge on the owners of certain residential property.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling Bill) 2010, without amendment, and the Property Services (Regulation) Bill 2009, without amendment.
- European Council Meeting: Statements (259 speeches)
Last week's meeting of the European Council was a significant one. Important steps were taken in regard to both budgetary discipline and firewalls - issues of great importance to this country -...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Grant Payments (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine the number of farmers who will be affected by the announced reduction in the disadvantaged areas scheme; and the number of...
- Genetically Modified Crops (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine his policy regarding genetically modified crops; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40089/11]
- Decentralisation Programme (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine if he will provide details of the full extent of his compliance with the decentralisation programme including details of...
- Fisheries Regulations (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine in the context of having a level playing field in the implementation of EU law, the severe hardship forced upon Irish...
- Departmental Properties (6 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine in view of the decision 2012 to allow the National Assets Management Agency to change upward only rent reviews if he will...
- Other Questions (1 speech)
We now move to other questions and the same arrangements apply, with six minutes overall per question.
- Farm Safety (8 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine the initiatives he has undertaken to improve farm safety awareness; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38955/11]
- Marine Industry (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine the timescale for his proposals being published; if he will give an understanding that the future management arrangements...
- Food Industry (9 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine his views that the targets set out in the Food Harvest Strategy can be achieved by 2020; the effects that the recent budget...
- Milk Quota (8 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine if he has raised the issue of a European wide milk quota in recent meetings with EU Agriculture Ministers; the steps he has...
- Aquaculture Development (3 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine the initiatives included in Budget 2012 in order to retain and create jobs within coastal communities with particular...
- Common Agricultural Policy (6 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Agriculture; Food and the Marine his plans to ensure that Ireland is in a position to fully avail of increased EU support as indicated in the draft common...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michelle Mulherin - the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Languages Programme (14 speeches)
This matter was brought to my attention in my constituency over the weekend and I intended to raise yesterday but unfortunately it was not selected for discussion. I thank the Ceann Comhairle...
- Redundancy Payments (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for granting me time to speak on this issue. Up to 40 workers are expected to be made redundant by Vita Cortex on Friday. The context of the problem I bring...
- Departmental Staff (4 speeches)
In the past several days my office has been inundated with calls from employees of the Garda vetting unit at Thurles, County Tipperary, who have been informed they will be laid off prior to...
- Community Employment Schemes (12 speeches)
I thank the Minister for taking this matter. Since the budget, people on community employment, CE, schemes have been terrified that their schemes will end. A total of 22,500 people around the...
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (42 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad]: Committee Stage (46 speeches)
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Sub-Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the Competition (Amendment) Bill 2011 and has made amendments thereto.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Rural Areas: Motion (Resumed) (50 speeches)
I am sharing time with Deputies Luke Flanagan, Seamus Healy and Joan Collins. I was quite intrigued by the Private Members' motion put down by the Fianna Fáil Party in that every sentence of it...
- Local Government (Household Charge) Bill 2011 [Seanad]: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Final Stages (76 speeches)