Tuesday, 19 May 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (41 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on recent developments in Northern Ireland; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15528/09]
- Constitutional Amendments. (13 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he will hold during the remainder of 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15533/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Foreign Direct Investment.
- Foreign Direct Investment. (10 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment her views on the impact of the Obama Administration's recently announced tax reform on foreign direct...
- Grocery Industry. (7 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she has conducted an economic analysis of the impact on the Irish food industry of moves by a retailer...
- Consumer Protection. (10 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment her views on a code of conduct for suppliers and retailers to ensure that consumers are protected and...
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. (20 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action she is taking to protect and support small business here; her views on the continued lack of credit...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Employment Action Plan.
- Employment Action Plan. (11 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she has full confidence in her Department to meet the challenges of rising unemployment; if current or...
- Business Regulation. (15 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of regulatory impact assessments carried out on new legislation by her since she came to office;...
- Research Funding. (9 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action she is taking to promote more science and technology interest among students and businesses here in...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe Costello - the need...
- Leaders' Questions (123 speeches)
This morning, I listened carefully to the chairman of the Bank of Ireland, who has announced his resignation, state that accountability for losses must be taken at the top. While I am not a fan...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Questions on the Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the...
- Order of Business (87 speeches)
It is proposed to take Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that Private...
- Suspension of Member (1 speech)
I move: "That Deputy Ferris be suspended from the service of the Dáil."
- Order of Business (Resumed) (30 speeches)
What option did Deputy Ferris have when we could not get answers?
- Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Health Insurance Act 1994, the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 and the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999, in particular to ensure that, in the interests of...
- Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008: Second Stage (105 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to address the House on the taking of Second Stage of this Bill. The principle upon which we meet health care costs as a society...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland (Protection of Debtors) Bill 2009: Second Stage (12 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputy Tom Sheahan.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak on the closure of wards at Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin. The decision to close the wards is totally misguided. The only outcome of the...
- Sports Capital Programme. (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me time to discuss this important matter, namely, the need for the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism to explain why application forms for funding...
- National Parks (4 speeches)
I, more than anyone, want dung removed from roads in Killarney National Park for the benefit of parents, children and other visitors to the site. However, the Minister and his representatives in...
- Schools Building Projects (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me an opportunity to raise this issue in the House and congratulate an Aire Stáit on her appointment. While the Minister of State is a capable individual,...