Thursday, 14 May 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (140 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 16, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a European asylum support office; No. 22,...
- EU Regulations: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth Protocol set out in the Treaty of Amsterdam, to notify the President of the...
- Industrial Development Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Industrial Development Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (6 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 7, inclusive, are cognate and may be discussed together.
- Harbours (Amendment) Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (12 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Harbours (Amendment) Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Transport, in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Fines Bill 2009: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision in relation to the maximum fines that a court may impose in respect of offences tried summarily and certain offences tried on indictment; to provide that a...
- Fines Bill 2009: Second Stage (8 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present the Bill to the House. It is a good example of law reform at its best, updating all existing fines that may be imposed...
- Fines Bill 2009: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- School Absenteeism. (10 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the number of school children who have missed more than 20 days of school in 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. ...
- Schools Patronage. (11 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if his Department has, following a meeting of the Joint Committee on Education and Science on 9 April 2009, been in contact with a...
- Legal Costs. (15 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the reason his Department chose to contest the legal costs in the case of a person (details supplied) that was recently concluded in...
- Special Educational Needs. (35 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Education and Science how many of the 128 special classes in primary schools which are due to close in September 2009 he has visited; and if he will make a...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Grangegorman Development Agency.
- Grangegorman Development Agency. (21 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when his Department will allow the Grangegorman development, bringing together the Dublin Institute of Technology onto one campus, to...
- Third Level Funding. (16 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if he will publish the findings of his report on third level funding in order to allow for an informed debate on the issue of third...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (54 speeches)
I will now call on the Deputies who tabled questions on job losses at SR Technics to the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment in the order in which they submitted their...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House that eight Deputies have submitted matters under Standing Order 21: (1) Deputy Joe Costello - the ongoing operation of the Private Security Authority and the review of...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this issue in the House. I am pleased that the Tánaiste, my constituency colleague, is present and will be in a position to...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Industrial Development Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate (Resumed) (0 speeches)
Private Security Authority.
- Private Security Authority. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Haughey, to the House. It is time that the operation of the Private Security Authority, PSA, be reviewed internally and by the Minister for Justice,...
- Higher Education Grants. (5 speeches)
This case refers to a young person who was not born in this country but came here, accompanied by his mother, 11 or 12 years ago. He subsequently attended primary and second level school and has...
- School Transport. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the time to outline the details of this case. I regret I have to raise such an issue on the Adjournment owing to the fact that one section of the...