Tuesday, 12 May 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure. (26 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the changes to be made to his Department's Estimate for 2009 arising from Budget decisions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15143/09]
- Ministerial Responsibilities. (23 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the changes he plans to make to the roles and responsibilities of Ministers of State attached to his Department, arising from the recent Government decision;...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services. (17 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources his view on the impact that a decision of a company (details supplied) not to proceed with commercial digital...
- Energy Prices. (27 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources if he is satisfied that energy price reductions for gas and electricity represent an appropriate price reduction...
- Alternative Energy Projects. (5 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources if he has read the Drive to Zero electric car document published by the Joint Committee on Climate Change and...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services. (33 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources the steps he is taking to provide high speed broadband services in urban areas; and if he will make a statement...
- Inland Fisheries. (22 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources when he expects to bring forward legislation to merge the central and regional fisheries boards into a single...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael D. Higgins - the urgent...
- Leaders' Questions (39 speeches)
There are a number of very pressing issues with which the House should deal. Yesterday Allied Irish Banks issued an interim management statement ahead of the annual general meeting tomorrow....
- Requests to move Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32; we now come to requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (45 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 2, Finance Bill 2009 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. Private Members' Business shall be No. 70, motion re banking system.
- Finance Bill 2009: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Second Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2009: Second Stage (26 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." In the past number of weeks there have been some glimmers of hope that an end may be in sight to the deepest and most widespread recession that...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Banking System: Motion (14 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: deeply concerned at the severe contraction currently taking place in the Irish economy, which is expected to be the worst in any developed country since the 1930s and...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Hospitals Building Programme.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (2 speeches)
The people of Ballinamore and south Leitrim have been waiting for many years for the Ballinamore community hospital. I was informed in a letter from the local health manager on 24 July 2007 that...
- Services for People with Disabilities. (3 speeches)
It is with deep regret that I must raise this issue before the House. I raised the same issue on 1 July last year. The issue concerns disabled people, the most vulnerable in society. There is...
- Reserve Defence Force. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter on the Adjournment. We are out and about among the people at the moment and a half dozen young people approached me because they are very...