Wednesday, 25 March 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m
- Leaders' Questions (79 speeches)
I welcome the fact that the Government has invited the ICTU to talks. I hope this invitation will be accepted and I hope the talks will result in the calling off of next week's day of action....
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
European Council Meetings.
- European Council Meetings. (34 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has received an agenda for the special meeting of the European Council; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8420/09]
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32.
- Order of Business (96 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, pre-budget statements (resumed); and No. 1, Industrial Development Bill 2008 [Seanad] — Second Stage. Private Members' business shall be No. 49, motion re...
- Pre-Budget Statements (Resumed) (19 speeches)
Having this format of debate is unique, but we are not living in normal times. To have budget statements before the budget is even produced or before we know the contents of the budget or its...
- Message from Seanad Éireann (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2009, without amendment
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill 2008 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation. (23 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the estimated cost of the rental of temporary accommodation in 2009; the number of units and their location in which in excess of...
- FÁS Training Programmes. (12 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if he will offer first refusal to the further education sector, including the vocational education committees and the institutes of...
- Third Level Fees. (16 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if he plans to reintroduce third level fees in 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12288/09]
- Capitation Grants. (6 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the reason for the withdrawal of capitation grants for the schools service which provides school books for children with special...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- State Examinations. (17 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Education and Science his views on a recent recommendation by the National Competitiveness Council that bonus points for higher level leaving certificate...
- Schools Building Projects. (9 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Education and Science further to Parliamentary Question No. 38 of 26 February 2009, the reasons the contracts could not be signed as was promised; the...
- Property Transfers. (18 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Education and Science further to Parliamentary Question No. 22 of 26 February 2009, if he will state, in respect of the 63 properties which were transferred...
- Departmental Expenditure. (9 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if officials from his Department have met with the Special Group on Public Service Numbers and Expenditure Programmes; and if he will...
- School Curriculum. (14 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if his Department considers itself under a legal obligation to provide English language support to foreign students in order that they...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mattie McGrath — issues...
- Pre-Budget Statements (Resumed) (234 speeches)
As I was saying before the House suspended, Ireland must return to its successful export-led model of the 1990s. A number of challenges will have to be met if the economy is to capitalise on the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Oireachtas Reform: Motion (Resumed) (148 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Phil Hogan on Tuesday, 24 March 2009:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Tax Code. (2 speeches)
I am delighted to get the opportunity to raise this matter as it affects many of my constituents along the Border. It is also a national issue. Before I continue, I acknowledge our esteemed...
- Company Closure. (31 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Shortall. The Minister for Transport must come clean on when his Department was informed that SR Technics planned to pull out of its Dublin Airport operation. On...
- RAPID Programmes. (3 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this issue which is important for my constituents in Tipperary town and south Tipperary. The project for the youth...
- REPS Payments. (3 speeches)
I wish to share my time with Deputy Michael Ring and I ask the Acting Chairman to let me know when I am half way through the time. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving us the opportunity to...