Tuesday, 24 March 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (32 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the main decisions made at the meeting of the British Irish Council in Cardiff in February 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8341/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Dairy Sector. (12 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the progress made with the EU Commission regarding support for the dairy industry; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Farm Waste Management. (24 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food how he will finance the commitments made under the farm waste management scheme for 2009 in view of the shortfall in his...
- Common Agricultural Policy. (18 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the way he will allocate the unspent CAP funds in 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12211/09]
- Fishing Industry Development. (17 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the initiatives he proposes to ease the financial hardship for fishermen in the north west arising from the reduced days at...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Fishing Industry Development.
- Fishing Industry Development. (7 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the measures that have been adopted to alleviate the difficulties facing the north-west cod fishery in implementing new...
- Grant Payments. (13 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if, in view of the fact that the applications received under the bioenergy scheme 2009 have been largely for miscanthus...
- Suckler Cow Welfare Scheme. (8 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the level of payment for the remaining years in view of his recent guarantee that the €250 million suckler cow welfare...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mattie McGrath — the...
- Leaders' Questions (16 speeches)
It is only appropriate, on the day that is in it, that the House should take note of the outstanding sporting achievement of the weekend — the winning by the Irish rugby team of its first Grand...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32.
- Order of Business (89 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 8, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2009, and No. 12, pre-budget...
- Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2009: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2009, a copy of which Order in draft was laid before Dáil...
- Pre-Budget Statements (40 speeches)
I call on the Minister for Transport, Deputy Noel Dempsey, under Standing Order 43.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Oireachtas Reform: Motion. (80 speeches)
I move: "—That Dáil Éireann: recognising the unnecessary expansion of the numbers of Ministers of State in 2007; mindful of the need to reform and upgrade the way that Government undertakes...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Public Order Offences.
- Public Order Offences. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to speak about the recent vicious attacks on both tourists and residents in Tipperary town and to condemn the disgraceful behaviour of a...
- Rural Environment Protection Scheme (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. As I understand it, letters rejecting REPS 4 applications were issued today to a number of farmers across the country, an issue...
- Schools Building Projects. (4 speeches)
I am pleased to have an opportunity to highlight this matter, which I have previously raised on the Adjournment. The Minister of State, Deputy Haughey, who responded to me on that occasion, is...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak again on this issue this evening and I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this topic. The decision to suspend classes for children with mild...