Tuesday, 22 April 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Appointments to State Boards.
- Appointments to State Boards. (39 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the appointments made by him since June 2002 to the State boards or other agencies within his aegis; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3554/08]
- Ministerial Transport. (23 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the procedures in place in his Department in respect of the use of the Government jets; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3558/08]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (9 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the progress he has made to date in 2008 in achieving the 3% annual reduction in greenhouse gases as laid out...
- Water Quality. (10 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the steps he will take to ensure that in accordance with the commitment in the programme for Government,...
- Local Authority Housing. (6 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of local authority housing starts for 2006, 2007 and to date in 2008; his projections of local...
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (10 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on the assertion that the agriculture sector will not play a significant role in achieving the EU...
- Climate Change Strategy. (17 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if the Government's light bulb initiative will help Ireland meet the 3% annual reduction target while taking...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Environmental Policy. (26 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on the Joint Committee on Climate Change and Energy Security Meeting of 28 February 2008; if...
- Private Rented Accommodation. (35 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the actions he has taken since the recently highlighted low and acceptable housing standards for private...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Seán Sherlock — the...
- Leaders' Questions (36 speeches)
Last week, bearing in mind that Deputy Bertie Ahern will not be Taoiseach for much longer, I raised with the Tánaiste the case of a 76 year old patient with Alzheimer's disease who was on a...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (7 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with several notices under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (52 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; No. 14, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council Framework...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Resolution of the Dáil of 14 June 2007, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- European Council Decisions: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2008: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act of certain fees, being fees for the issue of visas; for dealing with visa...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (15 speeches)
Atairgeadh an cheist: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Health Services: Motion (78 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, concerned at the impact on patients and those dependent on the health service of continuing cutbacks, staff shortages and under-resourcing; and noting in particular:...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Criminal Justice (Mutual Assistance) Bill 2005 without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Staff. (6 speeches)
I am disappointed the Minister for Health and Children, who has primacy for this issue, has left the Chamber. I would have liked if she stayed for the five minutes allocated to me on this issue....
- Airport Development Projects. (17 speeches)
I hope I will get more direct answers to the question I raise.
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle, at the outset, for selecting this item this evening for debate. On behalf of the board of management, staff, pupils and parents of Eglish national school,...
- University Status. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue. I call on the Minister for Education and Science to grant university status to the Institute of Technology, Tralee. The...