Thursday, 17 April 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (7 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 to discuss a matter of national importance, namely, the failure of the Government to increase competitiveness and reduce the cost base...
- Order of Business (121 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, motion re Standing Order 99; and No. 19, the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008 — Second Stage (resumed). It is proposed, notwithstanding...
- Visit of Czech Delegation (1 speech)
On my own behalf and on behalf of Dáil Éireann, I wish to express a warm welcome, céad míle fáilte, to a parliamentary delegation from the petitions committee of the Parliament of the Czech...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (80 speeches)
I wish to bring to the attention of the Tánaiste an issue of which we are constantly reminded——
- Standing Orders: Motion (6 speeches)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business are hereby amended in Standing Order 99 by the insertion of the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- World Trade Organisation Negotiations: Motion (174 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann—— notes: with concern the political failure of the Government to have non-trade issues debated in the context of the World Trade Organisation Talks; the...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (20 speeches)
Atairgeadh an cheist: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois."
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Funding. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action he proposes to take following the recent report of the Garda audit committee, which documents the chronic...
- Gaming Regulation. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason the report of the casino regulation committee, which was submitted to Government in April 2007 has not been...
- Liquor Licensing Laws. (11 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action he proposes to take in the context of the recent report of the alcohol advisory group. [14243/08]
- Proposed Legislation. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will introduce legislation to enhance the rights of homeowners in respect of defending their homes. [14494/08]
- Asylum Support Services. (9 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the cost of the asylum direct provision accommodation centres in 2005, 2006 and 2007; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Criminal Justice Act.
- Criminal Justice Act. (6 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when he will sign commencement orders in respect of outstanding sections of the Criminal Justice Act 2007. [14113/08]
- Garda Reserve. (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of members of the Garda reserve recruited to date; the stations to which they have been allocated; the number of...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (44 speeches)
I call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John O'Mahony — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Psychiatric Services (10 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Jimmy Devins, for coming in to reply this matter. Almost every day we hear harrowing stories of how the health service is failing patients, but there are...
- Hospital Services (5 speeches)
Every week since the Dáil resumed at the start of this year has brought news of more cuts in our public health services as a result of the disastrous policy of this Government and disastrous...
- Child Protection Issues. (6 speeches)
I thank the Acting Chairman for the opportunity to raise this issue. In the brief time available, I will only be able to touch on some of the issues that arise out of the publication of what is...