Wednesday, 2 April 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Passports Bill 2007 and the Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2008 without amendment.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (26 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his views on the recent research paper by the National Economic and Social Council, Ireland's Child Income Supports: The Case for a...
- National Carers Strategy. (7 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the progress made to date on the development of a national carers strategy which was supposed to be published by the end of 2007;...
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (21 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps he is taking to address the growing phenomenon of the working poor; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12463/08]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Fraud.
- Social Welfare Fraud. (26 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the way he will tackle fraudulent child benefit claims; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12110/08]
- Data Protection. (13 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if the audit by the Data Protection Commissioner of his Department's procedures for processing personal data is finalised; the main...
- Pension Provisions. (16 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the arrangements that he will put in place to ensure that exported State pensions are stopped once the pensioner is deceased; and...
- Social Welfare Code. (21 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he has requested information from the Private Residential Tenancies Board seeking the details of landlords who have been...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Rabbitte — the...
- Leaders' Questions (12 speeches)
The old saying that a week is a long time in politics was never more true than today. I had, obviously, prepared for a different kind of Leaders' Questions here at 3.45 p.m. but events, as they...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Social Partnership. (30 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the proposed work of the National Economic and Social Council during 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3546/08]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (81 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 5, Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders,...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: Ordú don Dara Céim (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Order for Second Stage (4 speeches)
Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun an Bunreacht a leasú.
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: An Dara Céim (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Second Stage (12 speeches)
Tairgim: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois." I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is illustrative to note that only four Members did not want us to discuss this Bill,...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Unemployment Rate: Motion (27 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognising that the largest ever increases in the number of people on the live register were recorded in January and February 2008, with 16,300 more people signing...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Nursing Home Subventions (8 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this extremely important issue in the House even for only two and a half minutes. I was shocked when I got a phone call recently from the relative of a 99 year...
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank Deputy Dan Neville for allowing me to go ahead of him as I have an urgent appointment elsewhere. The north east hospital situation is in crisis, including Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital....
- Suicide Prevention. (6 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise the issue but, with all due respect to the Minister of State, I am very surprised the Minister for Health and Children or the Minister of State at the...
- Special Areas of Conservation. (8 speeches)
I raise the matter of the proposed off-wintering and destocking regime to be applied in Connemara in the Twelve Bens-Garraun and Maumturk mountain complex special area of conservation. Proposing...