Wednesday, 21 November 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (10 speeches)
I want to raise a matter that probably concerns every person in the country, given that most people come into contact with the legal profession, in particular solicitors, at some stage during...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Office of the Attorney General.
- Office of the Attorney General. (23 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if all of the recommendations made in the Sullivan report, following the A case have been implemented in the Attorney General's office; and if he will make a...
- Economic Regulation. (22 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if, in regard to the commitment contained in the Agreed Programme for Government, he will outline his plan for a review of the entire economic regulatory...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
I wish to seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 to raise a matter of national importance, namely, in light of the loss disclosed last night by the British authorities of...
- Order of Business (58 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of Certain Acts of the 2004 Congress of the Universal Postal Union; No. 7, motion re proposed approval by...
- Universal Postal Union: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of Certain Acts of the 2004 Congress of the Universal Postal Union, signed at Bucharest on 5th October, 2004, namely: The Seventh Additional...
- International Agreements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of...
- Young People: Motion (17 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognises the many difficulties and challenges which face young people in Ireland today; notes the important initiatives and ongoing developments in the following...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Community Pharmacy Services.
- Community Pharmacy Services. (17 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she will report on recent discussions with pharmacists; if progress has been made; if not, the plans her Department has to ensure...
- National Cancer Strategy. (10 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if Professor Tom Keane has arrived here; when he will commence his work of implementing the national cancer strategy; the audit that has...
- Hospital Services. (6 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the action she took to address the concerns raised in a letter she personally received from a consultant in Portlaoise in 2005...
- Hospitals Building Programme. (9 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she will implement the recommendation contained in the report from RKW consultants that an urgent care centre be built in Tallaght...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Vaccination Programme. (36 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if her attention has been drawn to the research that might indicate that the vaccination of girls to prevent cervical cancer may be...
- Care of the Elderly. (23 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if it is still proposed to introduce the fair deal for nursing home care on 1 January 2008; her views on whether there is time for...
- Food Labelling. (11 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans to enforce the food labelling regulations regarding country of origin in the wholesale and retail sectors. [27007/07]
- National Cancer Strategy. (17 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she has secured funding in budget 2008 for the development of the designated cancer centres under Professor Tom Keane; when she will...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Ulick Burke — the delay...
- Young People: Motion (Resumed) (59 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Brendan Smith, today:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Psychological Service: Motion (Resumed) (70 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Brian Hayes on Tuesday, 20 November 2007:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Coast Guard Services.
- Coast Guard Services. (11 speeches)
I seek the permission of the House to share time with Deputy Tom Sheahan.
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I appreciate the opportunity to raise this matter and I thank the Minister for attending to reply. A decision by the building unit on a school building for Gaelscoil Thaobh na Coille is critical...
- Prison Building Programme. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this matter. The Defence Forces camp at Kilworth, County Cork, has been designated as the location for a prison covering Munster and it...
- National Drugs Strategy. (4 speeches)
When I went home yesterday I showed this picture to my children who were finishing their homework. I asked them what they thought of it. One of my children described it as——