Tuesday, 6 November 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committees. (42 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the Cabinet sub-committees on which he sits; and the sub-committees and interdepartmental working groups on which his Department is represented. [16866/07]
- Task Force on Active Citizenship. (21 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the progress to date of the task force on active citizenship; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18793/07]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Agrifood Sector. (32 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the new initiatives she proposes to deal with the crisis in the sheep sector. [26973/07]
- Milk Quota. (4 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the position regarding the Health Check; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [27359/07]
- Farm Improvement Scheme. (28 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if she will make a statement on the future of the farm improvement grant scheme; the number of applications received to date;...
- Aquaculture Licences. (7 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the action she has taken in line with the recommendations of the seafood industry strategy (details supplied) to implement...
- Food Industry. (7 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the initiatives being taken by her Department and semi-State bodies to develop a cost-effective energy policy for the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Food Industry. (8 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if she will make direct financial supports available to farmers markets here to encourage their growth by way of marketing...
- Grant Payments. (7 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the value of inactivated single farm payment entitlements which are to be returned to the national reserve; and if she will...
- EU Legislation. (20 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the implications for Irish Agriculture of the EU announcement on restrictions on the use of pesticides. [27128/07]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Hayes — to confirm...
- Leaders' Questions (46 speeches)
Yesterday we heard of the tragic case of a woman given the all-clear and then diagnosed as having breast cancer. I have listened to the Taoiseach for long enough and on many occasions he stated...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (10 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (41 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Second Stage (resumed); and No. 12, Charities Bill 2007 — Second Stage (resumed). Private Members'...
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (27 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2007: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Undocumented Irish in the United States: Motion (15 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann, recognises: the very difficult situation for thousands of Irish people of undocumented status living and working in the United States; the difficulties that the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Pharmacy Fees. (2 speeches)
I am delighted with the opportunity to speak on this issue, which is important not only to society but also to the health system. A delicate situation has arisen involving the Health Service...
- Hospitals Building Programme. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this important matter. It was with deep regret that I learned of the content of a recent planning brief drawn up on behalf...
- Foreign Conflicts. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing time to discuss the important unfolding political crisis in Pakistan. Pakistan and Ireland are connected through bonds of history. Both countries once...
- Schools Building Projects. (4 speeches)
On 29 November 2006, the Minister for Education and Science announced 54 major primary schools building projects. She promised they could proceed to tender and construction and that many would...