Thursday, 29 November 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Order of Business (138 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10a, motion on supplementary statement of expenditure for Houses of the Oireachtas; No. 1, Voluntary Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2007 [Seanad] — Second Stage...
- Witness Protection Programme Bill 2007: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment and operation of a programme for the State protection of witnesses involved in criminal...
- Garda Síochána (Powers of Surveillance) Bill 2007: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide additional powers for the Garda Síochána with respect to surveillance; and to provide for related matters.
- Statement of Expenditure: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann take note of the supplementary sum not exceeding €2,530,000 required by the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission to defray the charge which will come in course of...
- Voluntary Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (4 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Voluntary Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health and Children, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- National Drugs Strategy: Statements (69 speeches)
I am pleased to have this opportunity to address the Dáil on the National Drugs Strategy 2001-2008 and the mid-term review of that strategy, the outcome of which was published in March 2005....
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Plan. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will report on the status and future of the ACCESS programme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31684/07]
- Sports Funding. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if, in view of the positive effects multiannual funding can have in long-term planning, he has considered providing multiannual...
- Tourism Industry. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on the potential loss of tourism opportunities as a result of the planned termination of the Dublin-Dubai flight by Aer...
- Film Industry Development. (5 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if his attention has been drawn to the now critical disadvantage suffered by the Irish film industry [i]vis-À-vis[/i] other European...
- Sport and Recreational Development. (4 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism when it is proposed to complete the roll-out of the sports partnership network throughout the 33 local authorities; and if he will...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
National Aquatic Centre.
- National Aquatic Centre. (14 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the cost of the annual subsidy to the Aquatic Centre; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31502/07]
- Sports Capital Programme. (12 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if consideration of applications under ACCESS and under the sports capital programme is in any way skewed in favour of designated...
- Decentralisation Programme. (48 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the number of those staff choosing to decentralise to Killarney with his Department who are staff of his Department; and if he will...
- Sports Funding. (23 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the plans he has to extend the Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31519/07]
- National Archives. (6 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the status of the National Archives plans to invest in facilities to house them; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Arts Funding. (4 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the support he has given or proposes to give to other towns and cities here that wish to hold an event similar to the culture night...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Bannon — the need...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (4 speeches)
I wish the Minister for Health and Children, Deputy Harney, was in the House. I hope she is not still in the departure lounge.
- Health Service Staff. (3 speeches)
We have been discussing putting cancer programmes in place. Unfortunately, in Kildare and west Wicklow it will be necessary to put an occupational therapy programme in place, if one takes...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
A new specialist unit for children with autism has been lying idle for a number of months, almost a year, in the Castleknock Educate Together school in Dublin 15. Similarly to many other parts...
- Human Rights Issues. (13 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity of raising this urgent matter. It had been our understanding that with the change of Government would come an interest in implementing the...