Thursday, 29 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (1 speech)
It is proposed to take No. a12a, motion re referral to joint committee of Competition Act 2002 (section 18 (5) and (6)) Order 2007; No. a12b, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed...
- Visit of Lithuanian Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and that of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome to Mr. Donatas Jankauskas, chairman of...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (241 speeches)
There are five proposals to put to the House. Is the proposal for the late sitting agreed to? Agreed. Is the proposal for dealing with Nos. a12a and a12b without debate agreed to?
- European Parliament and Local Elections (Voting at 16) Bill 2007: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to reduce to sixteen years the age at which a person is entitled to be registered as a European Parliament and local government...
- Competition Act 2002 (Section 18(5) and (6)) Order 2007: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann, pursuant to the provisions of section 18(7) of the Competition Act 2002 (No. 14 of 2002), hereby confirms the Competition Act 2002 (Section 18 (5)...
- Poolbeg Peninsula Planning Scheme: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following order in draft: Specification of an area of the Poolbeg Peninsula as an area for which the Dublin Docklands Development...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2007: Committee Stage (99 speeches)
- Business of Dáil: Motion (1 speech)
Having consulted the Whips, I would like to make provision for a break and an extension of the debate on the Criminal Justice Bill 2007. I move: "That, notwithstanding anything in Standing...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2007: Committee Stage (Resumed) (224 speeches)
- Messages from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Carbon Fund Bill 2006 without amendment, the Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2007 without amendment and the Finance Bill 2007 without recommendation.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has completed its consideration of the Pharmacy Bill 2007 and has made amendments thereto.
- Protection of Employment (Exceptional Collective Redundancies and Related Matters) Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Second Stage (25 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." As a result of the recent partnership talks on Towards 2016, it was agreed that this Bill should be enacted to provide for the establishment of...
- Estimates for Public Services 2007: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
Deputies: The Select Committee on Social and Family Affairs has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for the year ending 31 December 2007: Vote 38.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Hospitals Building Programme.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (19 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the status of her co-location project to have private hospitals on the grounds of public hospitals; and if she will make a statement on...
- Industrial Relations. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the progress made to date in negotiations with the INO and the psychiatric nurses on pay and conditions; if she expects a successful...
- Cancer Screening Programme. (10 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the status on the roll-out of the cervical cancer screening programme; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [12266/07]
- Hospital Services. (4 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans for dealing with the crises building up in maternity hospitals here in view of the inefficiencies built up in maternity...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme.
- Cancer Screening Programme. (18 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the position on the roll-out of BreastCheck nationwide, per centre; the latest cost estimates of each centre; if she expects the roll-out...
- Legislative Programme. (2 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans to break up the VHI; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [12019/07]
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
Water Supply Contamination.
- Water Supply Contamination. (64 speeches)
Deputies: We now come to private notice questions to the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government regarding the quality of water in County Galway. I will call on the Deputies...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Deenihan — the need to...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Cancer Incidence. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the matter of the report on cancer statistics published this week. Our cancer survival rate does not compare favourably with many countries in the EU 15. Cancer survival rates...
- Pension Provisions. (2 speeches)
I raise the issue of a social welfare case that appears blatantly unfair, discriminatory and anomalous concerning the pension entitlements of a woman in my constituency who is 66 years of age....
- Parking Regulations. (6 speeches)
The Minister of State will have some experience of the lack of residents-only parking in the vicinity of Croke Park. It is an issue of concern to the local residents who suffer on big event...