Wednesday, 21 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (145 speeches)
It is becoming increasingly obvious that this Government is on its last legs. As the Taoiseach heads to his Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis at the weekend, I am sure he will be looking back on ten years...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
European Council Meetings.
- European Council Meetings. (59 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach his priorities for the European Council Meeting of 8 and 9 March 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6452/07]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with notices under Standing Order 31 dealing with two different topics.
- Order of Business (30 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 18, Statements on European Council, Brussels; No. 19, Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2007 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No. 20, Carbon Fund Bill...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (40 speeches)
I attended the spring meeting of the European Council in Brussels on Thursday and Friday, 8 and 9 March. I was accompanied at the meeting by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Dermot...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Human Rights Issues.
- Human Rights Issues. (10 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps his Department is taking, both directly and through European Union channels, to protest at the ongoing serious and unacceptable...
- Irish Emigrants. (4 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on the consequences for out-of-status Irish in the US by the draft Kennedy Bill in regard to immigration. [10589/07]
- Human Rights Issues. (19 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the Government's response to the recent report from the European Parliament criticising Ireland on the issue of the rendition of terrorist...
- Decentralisation Programme. (20 speeches)
Question 83: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the position regarding the decentralisation of Irish Aid; the number of senior and principal development specialists now volunteering to...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Human Rights Issues.
- Human Rights Issues. (6 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he and officials from his Department, will be attending the ministerial level conference being convened by the UNHCR on 17 and 18 April...
- Overseas Development Aid. (12 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of five year funding partnerships entered into by Irish Aid with non-government organisations; and if he will make a statement on...
- Decentralisation Programme. (8 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the projected number of experienced development personnel expected to be retained by the Irish Aid office after decentralisation; the cost of...
- Nuclear Disarmament. (14 speeches)
Question 88: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will report on his meeting in February 2007 in Dublin with Dr. Mohamed El Baradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Crawford — that the...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2007: Report and Final Stages (112 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 17 are related and will be discussed together.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Pupil-Teacher Ratio: Motion (Resumed) (67 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy O'Sullivan on Tuesday, 20 March 2007:
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has completed its consideration of the Medical Practitioners Bill 2007 and has made amendments thereto.
- Estimates for Public Services 2007: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Arts, Sport and Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has completed its consideration of Votes 33 and 35 for the year ending 31 December 2007.
- Carbon Fund Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (87 speeches)
Amendments Nos. a1 and 1 are related and may be discussed together by agreement.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme.
- Cancer Screening Programme. (3 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important issue on the Adjournment. There has been great difficulty rolling out BreastCheck. It was rolled out for half the country in 2000 but...
- Homeless Persons. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for permitting me to raise this issue. It concerns the future of the two largest hostels for homeless people in Dublin, the Morning Star and the Regina Coeli...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I raised this issue in the House on 20 May 2004 but there has not been much progress since. Dromclough national school, my alma mater, has 197 pupils and had 176 in 2004. The school is...
- School Closures. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming in for this Adjournment debate. There was a report on the RTE news at 9 o'clock a few weeks ago about the pending closure of Greendale community school in...