Thursday, 1 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (122 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15a, Broadcasting (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Financial Resolution; No. 23, Building Control Bill 2005 — Order for Report and Report and Final Stages; and No....
- Broadcasting (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the charging in accordance with the Act of certain fees, being fees for the granting of particular classes of...
- Building Control Bill 2005: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: That Report Stage be taken now.
- Building Control Bill 2005: Report Stage (33 speeches)
I move to recommit in respect of amendments Nos. 1 and 20 to 26, inclusive. When this Bill was published in 2005 it was intended that it would transpose certain provisions of the EU directive on...
- Business of Dáil: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the Order of the Dáil of the day: (1) the Dáil shall sit later than 4.45 p.m. tonight, and business shall be interrupted on the...
- Building Control Bill 2005: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (211 speeches)
Amendment No. 11 is in the name of the Minister. Amendments Nos. 12, 72, 95, 117 and 127 are related, and may be discussed together. Is that agreed? Agreed.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Single Electricity Market) Bill 2006 without amendment.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has concluded its consideration of the National Development Finance Agency (Amendment) Bill 2006 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Defence (Amendment) No. 2 Bill 2006: Second Stage (12 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am very pleased to present this Bill to the House. The Defence Forces are a fundamental pillar of a democratic society. Every member of our...
- Defence (Amendment) No. 2 Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs whether he will pay all qualified adults directly; his views on reviewing State pension contributory qualification criteria to...
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he will make a statement on the findings relating to Irish child poverty in the UNICEF report Report Card 7, Child Poverty in...
- Employment Support Services. (4 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the efforts his Department is making to assist older people and pensioners to remain in and return to the workforce, in view of his...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he will restore child benefit as a universal payment to all children. [8153/07]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Code.
- Social Welfare Code. (24 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs further to Parliamentary Question No. 47 of 14 December 2006, if he has brought forward proposals and an implementation strategy on...
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (23 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the percentage of the population regarded as being in consistent poverty; when the 2% target which was set for 2007 in the ten year...
- Homemakers' Scheme. (15 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the number of people who registered for the homemakers' scheme due to not being automatically entered on to the scheme in 2004, 2005...
- Pension Provisions. (18 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if the Government has made a commitment to increase the State pension to €300 per week; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
Deputies: I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Costello —...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Human Rights Issues.
- Human Rights Issues. (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Conor Lenihan, and point out to him that this is an important matter relating to the issue of extraordinary rendition....
- Noise Pollution. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise with the Minister of State, Deputy Conor Lenihan, the issue of road traffic related noise. The M50 runs through my constituency, from Leopardstown through...