Tuesday, 6 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Ministerial Air Transport Service.
- Ministerial Air Transport Service. (39 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the procedures in place in his Department in respect of the use of the Government jets; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [43900/06]
- Northern Ireland Issues. (19 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the MacEntee commission; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [43902/06]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Manufacturing Forum. (20 speeches)
Question 91: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment when the forum on manufacturing will convene a meeting; if there is a timescale for a report; and if he will make a...
- Industrial Relations. (4 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will make a statement on the Ryanair judgment in the Supreme Court; the implications for Irish industrial relations;...
- Unemployment Levels. (22 speeches)
Question 93: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action he has taken in view of the continued unprecedented unemployment levels affecting the town of Carrick-on-Suir...
- Industrial Development. (10 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will implement any policy initiative that will redirect investment funding to manufacturing and commercialisation of...
- Economic Competitiveness. (6 speeches)
Question 95: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on the recent National Competitiveness Council's report, Benchmarking Ireland's Performance, which warned that the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Economic Competitiveness. (5 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the measures in place to monitor and maintain the attractive and competitive position of the Irish economy; the policies in...
- Industrial Development. (7 speeches)
Question 97: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will urgently establish an action plan for industrial employment in County Mayo, in view of the fact that the county...
- Health and Safety Regulations. (2 speeches)
Question 98: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of deaths and injuries arising from workplace accidents generally and specifically in regard to the construction...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Ring — the available...
- Leaders' Questions (21 speeches)
Later today the House will debate emergency legislation to prevent predators using the Internet to meet children for sexual relations and to reinstate the offence of soliciting a child for sex....
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (70 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the internal agreement concerning the tenth European Development Fund; No. 13, Finance Bill 2007 — Financial...
- European Development Fund: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, approves the ratification by Ireland of the Internal Agreement concerning the 10th European Development Fund, signed in Brussels on 17th July 2006, which was laid...
- Finance Bill 2007: Financial Resolutions. (1 speech)
I move the following resolutions: THAT section 234 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997), which provides that certain income derived from patent royalties is exempt from tax, be...
- Finance Bill 2007: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2007: Report Stage (27 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2, in the name of Deputy Ó Caoláin and Deputy Burton, respectively, are out of order.
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 1993, the Child Trafficking and Pornography Act 1998 and the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006; and to provide for...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2007: Second Stage (7 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The primary purpose of this short Bill is to remedy an error in the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006. The particular point with which we...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Rail Freight. (28 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, notes that Ireland's greenhouse gas emissions have grown by 25% since 1990, with transport emission growth the highest in any sector; recognises that emissions in the...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed). (16 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (291 speeches)
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Air Services. (3 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise the important issue of open skies. I am delighted my colleague from Limerick East, Deputy O'Sullivan, is also raising the issue....
- School Closures. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the serious issue of the threatened closure of Seamount College, Kinvara. The saga surrounding Seamount College is well known to...
- Fire Stations. (2 speeches)
On Friday last I visited Tallow fire station in County Waterford. Having raised this issue on previous occasions, and with staff and local residents waiting over a decade for a new fire station...