Tuesday, 3 April 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Code of Conduct for Office Holders.
- Code of Conduct for Office Holders. (69 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will amend the code of conduct for office holders; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6753/07]
- National Security Committee. (20 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the recent work of the National Security Committee; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6755/07]
- Programmes for Government. (18 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of the programme for Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6756/07]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Proposed Legislation. (13 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Transport the position on to the establishment of a Dublin transport authority; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13118/07]
- Public Transport. (28 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will ensure that the financial envelope for metro north is sufficient to allow the line to be kept underground through Ballymun and for an...
- Rail Network. (6 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason trains servicing the new Spencer Dock Station are terminating at Clonsilla in view of the significant demand that exists at stations...
- Air Services. (12 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Transport his views on the capacity of Dublin Airport to cope with increasing passenger numbers at the airport, particularly during the peak summer months...
- Road Safety. (17 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason for the delay in publishing a new road safety strategy; when he expects it to be published; and the items from the new road safety...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Road Network. (17 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Transport the work undertaken to investigate the feasibility of the eastern bypass for the greater Dublin region; the moneys allocated under the national...
- Light Rail Project. (25 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Transport when the feasibility study for a proposed Luas line to Rathfarnham will be completed; and the finance arrangements that could be put in place to...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Costello — the need...
- Estimates for Public Services 2007: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the following Estimates for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Leaders' Questions (60 speeches)
The current dispute involving work to rule by 40,000 nurses is an example of the Government's failure creatively to pre-empt a crisis that threatens the delivery of fundamental quality health...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (10 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (36 speeches)
It is proposed to take No.14, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council decision on the establishment, operation and use of the second generation...
- Proposals re Schengen Information System: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Nurses' Dispute: Statements (9 speeches)
The fundamental question we have to ask ourselves, as a Parliament, a Government and a society, is what does fairness demand in this situation? First, and more important than anything else, is...
- Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries Bill 2006: From the Seanad (15 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- National Development Finance Agency (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (6 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 3, to delete lines 22 to 32 and in page 4, to delete lines 1 and 2 and substitute the following: "3.—Section 3 of the Principal Act is amended in subsection...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Kyoto Protocol: Motion (206 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann noting that: Ireland failed to meet its responsibilities under the Kyoto Protocol and its greenhouse gas emissions are twice the overall target reland is ranked 22 out...
- Estimates for Public Services 2007: Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business has completed its consideration of Vote 34 for the year ending 31 December 2007; the Select Committee on Environment and Local Government has...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2007, without amendment.
- National Development Finance Agency (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (6 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Defence (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (27 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 11, between lines 27 and 28, to insert the following: "CHAPTER 1 General Provisions 12.—The Principal Act is amended in Part V by the insertion of the following...
- Building Control Bill 2005: From the Seanad (20 speeches)
Deputies: Seanad amendments Nos. 1, 2 and 10 to 15, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.
- Statute Law Revision Bill 2007: Report and Final Stages (152 speeches)
Deputies: Amendment No. 1 requires recommittal. Amendments Nos. 2, 3, 21 and 22 are related and may be discussed together.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Schools Building Projects.
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I wish to speak about the urgent need for the Minister for Education and Science to address the serious delay in granting St. Mary's community school, Buttevant, County Cork, permission to build...
- Asylum Applications. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for choosing this matter for the Adjournment. It is a request for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to expedite the asylum application of Mr. Adnan...
- Hospital Services. (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the interest he has shown in this matter and for facilitating me and Deputy Crowe again. The reason we have raised the issue together, as neighbours in Tallaght,...