Wednesday, 14 February 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (73 speeches)
Yesterday in reply to a question, the Taoiseach played down the extent of drug abuse throughout the country. Today I would like to ask him about a report published by UNICEF Report Card 7, Child...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Social Inclusion. (50 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet sub-committee on drugs and social inclusion last met. [42778/06]
- Constitutional Amendments. (23 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he will hold during 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [43872/06]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (70 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 22, statements on the Moriarty report; No. 1, the Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006, amendments from the Seanad; No. 23, Electricity Regulation (Amendment)...
- Moriarty Report: Statements (16 speeches)
What came home forcefully to me as I read this report is the sheer scale of the amounts of money — more than €11 million, or some €45 million in today's values — found by the tribunal to...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services. (6 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources when there will be 100% availability of broadband throughout the country; the extent to which he expects the...
- Energy Resources. (15 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the steps he has taken in view of the fact that the cost of the fuel value of wheat and maize has risen...
- Fish Quota. (12 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the reason the Government did not follow a similar option to that of Scottish authorities with regard to recent...
- Postal Service. (31 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he has had contacts with the Irish Postmasters Union; his views on the current conditions in terms...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Energy Resources. (22 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources his proposals for the early delivery of products from the Corrib gas field; and if he will make a statement on...
- Digital Terrestrial Television. (25 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources when he expects consumers here to avail of digital broadcasting in respect of radio and television; and if he...
- Personal Statement by Member. (2 speeches)
On a point of clarification, on 19 October 2006 during Priority Questions I referred to certain aspects of the loss at sea scheme. I stated: This is a serious matter. It is a complete cover-up....
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to inform the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Ring — the help that is...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Citizens Information Bill 2006 without amendment.
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006): From the Seanad. (78 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Single Electricity Market) Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Single Electricity Market) Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (107 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 3, line 10, after "MARKET" to insert the following: "AND FOR MECHANISMS TO PROTECT THE INTERESTS OF ELECTRICITY CONSUMERS". The aim of this amendment is to change...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Biofuels (Blended Motor Fuels) Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed).
- Prisons Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (32 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Prisons Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue. I am pleased that the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Parlon, will respond because it is he who...
- Nursing Home Eviction Notices (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Parlon, although I would have preferred the Minister for Health and Children to have been here so that she could hear first hand what is going on in the...
- Hospital Staff. (2 speeches)
I would have preferred the Minister for Health and Children to have been present but I appreciate the attendance of the Minister of State. The issue I wish to raise concerns a facility in Cork...