Tuesday, 6 February 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Legislative Programme. (61 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach his legislative priorities for the Dáil session beginning 2007. [42760/06]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Direct Payment Schemes.
- Direct Payment Schemes. (19 speeches)
Question 88: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the practical steps she is taking to address the burden of cross-compliance on farmers; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Food Labelling. (4 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will report on the status, including providing the dates of meetings, of the interdepartmental or agency group set up to progress...
- Company Closures. (10 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will make a statement on the recent statement by the European Commission that Greencore is only entitled to full compensation on...
- Grant Payments. (19 speeches)
Question 91: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the number of farmers who have not been paid their single farm payment in each of the years 2005 and 2006 due to difficulties over...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Sugar Beet Industry.
- Sugar Beet Industry. (8 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food when compensation will be issued to sugar beet producers; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [3556/07]
- Food Safety Standards. (6 speeches)
Question 93: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the reason butchers cannot bone out bovine animals on their premises over 24 months; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Animal Diseases. (8 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food, further to Parliamentary Question No. 377 of 27 June 2006 regarding equine infectious anemia, if she will furnish a response to the...
- Rural Environment Protection Scheme. (10 speeches)
Question 95: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food when the REPS 4 will be open to applicants; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [3546/07]
- Food Industry. (10 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will ensure that provision is made under the new meat plant investment scheme to provide facilities for farmers to clearly view...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy McHugh — the need to...
- Leaders' Questions (76 speeches)
Since I raised the issue last week of operations being cancelled in St. James's Hospital my office has been inundated with the reflections of people all over the country on other operations being...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (64 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, motion re withdrawal of Comhairle (Amendment) Bill 2004; No. 15, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of agreements between...
- Comhairle (Amendment) Bill 2004: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the Comhairle (Amendment) Bill 2004 be withdrawn.
- International Agreements: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the: (i) Stabilisation and Association Agreement between the European Communities and their Member States, of the one part, and...
- Amendments to Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to Standing Order 97(1)(a), the Committee on Procedure and Privileges recommends that the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business are hereby amended...
- Finance Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the imposition, repeal, remission, alteration and regulation of taxation, of stamp duties and of duties relating to excise and otherwise to make further...
- Finance Bill 2007: Second Stage (17 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am glad to introduce this, my third, Finance Bill to the House. In my first Bill I concentrated on reducing the tax burden on low and middle...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Health Service Reform: Motion
- Health Service Reform: Motion (123 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann, aware of: the fall in the number of acute hospital beds in Ireland up to 2001; the fact that over 40,000 elective operations have been cancelled in the past two and...
- Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (53 speeches)
Deputies: Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, are related and will be discussed together.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services. (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue and welcome my fellow Limerick man, the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Tim...
- Female Genital Mutilation. (2 speeches)
I am grateful to have an opportunity to discuss this important issue today, the date chosen to focus attention on the eradication of female genital mutilation. I feel it is incumbent upon me to...
- Avian Flu. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister, Deputy Coughlan, for attending. I also thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this very important matter. I do so both as a spokesperson on health and...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue for Kildare on the Adjournment of the House and I thank the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local...