Thursday, 1 February 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (22 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (175 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 2, the Prisons Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Second Stage. It is proposed, not withstanding anything in Standing Orders, that parliamentary questions for answer next week on...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Cancer Services: Motion (Resumed).
- Prisons Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (57 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present the Prisons Bill 2006, which completed its passage through the Seanad on 5 December 2006. It deals with a range of...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Equipment.
- Defence Forces Equipment. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence the radar capability of the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3317/07]
- Overseas Missions. (28 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of Irish soldiers who are stationed in the Lebanon on peacekeeping duties under the UN mandate; the type of work that is being carried out...
- Commemorative Events. (5 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence the plans he has to commemorate the Easter Rising in 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3318/07]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Property.
- Defence Forces Property. (17 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the quantity of land, its location and the funding received that was allocated to other Departments or State agencies for below market value between...
- Defence Forces Reserve. (8 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will make provisions for retiring members of the Reserve Defence Forces to receive an honorarium in recognition of their years of voluntary...
- Overseas Missions. (6 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence the steps he has taken to implement the findings of the Behan report into the Niemba Ambush in the Congo in 1960; and if he will make a statement on...
- Departmental Bodies. (6 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence the recent improvements made to the military archive facility at Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2761/07]
- Defence Forces Equipment. (13 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence if NBC suits are personal issue; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2766/07]
- Defence Forces Inquiries. (5 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Defence the status of the investigation into the death of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2755/07]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Callanan — the need to...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Stardust Disaster. (2 speeches)
It is disappointing but, unfortunately, not surprising that just a couple of days before the 26th anniversary of the horrific Stardust inferno I am raising the issue once again in this House. At...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for waiting here to hear us so late this evening. A public meeting was held in St. Catherine's school in Aughrim in my parish. There has been a campaign to get a...
- Animal Welfare. (4 speeches)
In the first instance I am referring specifically to the Ward Union Hunt treatment of a deer at Kildalkey village school just over a week ago. In full view of a number of witnesses, including...
- School Accommodation. (4 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me raise this matter on the Adjournment. A report issued by the Department of Education and Science in 2002 called for better all round school...