Wednesday, 31 January 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Foreign Direct Investment.
- Foreign Direct Investment. (8 speeches)
Question 122: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he is satisfied that Ireland is well placed with other EU countries in attracting new foreign direct investment as well...
- Redundancy Payments. (16 speeches)
Question 123: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reasoning behind the Government's decision to fund a redundancy package at Irish Ferries; his views on whether the...
- Economic Competitiveness. (33 speeches)
Question 124: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will initiate an assessment of sectors and geographic regions expected to experience job losses in the next five...
- Decentralisation Programme. (16 speeches)
Question 126: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the position regarding the decentralisation programme for his Department's agencies; the number of staff who have...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (9 speeches)
Question 127: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the efforts being made to replace jobs lost in the Donegal town, south Donegal region as a result of the closure of a...
- Job Losses. (33 speeches)
Question 128: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason Irish Ferries received the €4.3 million rebate; the further reason that under the Redundancy Payments Act...
- National Pay Agreement. (7 speeches)
Question 129: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will report on his Department's work towards the implementation of Towards 2016 to date; and if he will make a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Cowley — to ask the...
- Leaders' Questions (95 speeches)
I am glad to welcome the Taoiseach and his motley crew back into this arena. No matter what way the Taoiseach looks at it, the health service is in crisis and the Government still does not...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Departmental Estimates. (18 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the allocations in the Book of Estimates for 2007 in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39990/06]
- Employment of People with Disabilities. (21 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the policy of his Department in respect of the employment of persons with disabilities; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39991/06]
- Northern Ireland Issues. (36 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach his views on developments at Stormont on 24 November 2006; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41123/06]
- Suspension of Member (1 speech)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I must deal with a postponed division relating to the suspension of a Member. On the question, "That Deputy Kehoe be suspended from the service of the...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (13 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (71 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Planning and Development Regulations 2007; No. 15, motion re referral to joint...
- Planning and Development Regulations: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Planning and Development Regulations 2007, copies of which were laid in draft form before Dáil Éireann...
- European Council Framework Decision: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Messages from Select Committee (2 speeches)
The Select Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources has completed its consideration of the Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries Bill 2006 and has made amendments thereto.
- National Development Finance Agency (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring before the House the Bill, which was initiated and passed all Stages in the Seanad last November. I acknowledge the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Cancer Services: Motion.
- Cancer Services: Motion. (24 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, conscious of the fact that 20,000 new cases of cancer are diagnosed in the State each year with 7,500 dying from the disease:— calls on the Minister for Health and...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Salmon Fisheries. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to address an important issue which is having a huge impact on the lives of driftnet fishermen in County Waterford. The compensation currently being offered to salmon...
- Job Losses. (80 speeches)
The news of the likely closure of the Motorola plant with the loss of more than 300 jobs will represent an economic body blow to the Cork area. These are not old-style jobs in heavy industry,...