Thursday, 15 February 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (10 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (266 speeches)
The Order of Business today——
- Finance Bill 2007: Allocation of Time Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders: (1) The proceedings in the Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service on the Finance Bill 2007 shall be brought to a conclusion...
- Finance Bill 2007: Financial Resolutions (1 speech)
I move the following Resolutions: 1. THAT Schedule 13 to the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997), which contains the list of accountable persons for the purposes of the scheme of...
- National Development Plan: Statements. (13 speeches)
I am pleased to open this debate on the new national development plan. The plan sets out a vision of how Ireland can be transformed over the next seven years and how we can provide a better...
- Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for certain changes in the hearing of appeals under section 29 of the Education Act 1998, to provide for certain changes in the functions performed by the...
- Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2007: Second Stage (100 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring the Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2007 before the House. In doing so I propose to give effect to a key...
- Education (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2007: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Education and Science, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
National Development Plan.
- National Development Plan. (7 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the measures outlined in the national development plan that will address the east-west divide in tourism numbers and income, the need...
- Museum Projects. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his plans to support efforts to develop and update Dublin's cultural infrastructure; specifically the extent to which they are...
- Sport and Recreational Development. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his plans for investment in sport under the national development plan, including the rationale for each sectional allocation; if a...
- National Theatre. (13 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if the international design competition for the proposed new national theatre announced by him on 7 September 2006 has been completed;...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Horseracing Ireland. (4 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will clarify his recent call for figures within the racing industry to support the redevelopment of the Curragh Racecourse; the...
- Legislative Programme. (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his legislative priorities for the new Dáil session; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5561/07]
- Tourism Industry. (18 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on the latest quarterly tourism figures. [5655/07]
- National Concert Hall. (9 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the situation in regard to the new National Concert Hall complex; if he will report on the inaugural meeting of the steering committee...
- Film Industry Development. (10 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the latest efforts being made to attract more international film-makers to produce their films here; his views on the drop-off in the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matter in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in this case: (1) Deputy Durkan — the serious...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Rail Services. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this matter. The issue affecting my constituents and many others in the commuter belt in the greater Dublin area is the...