Wednesday, 13 December 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (121 speeches)
Over the past months, Opposition parties warned the Government of the danger of innocent people being gunned down on the streets because of the increase in internal gangland warfare, principally...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (20 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting on 16 November 2006 with the family of the late Sinn Féin councillor, Mr. Eddie Fullerton, who was murdered in his home in...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (115 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 21, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the report by the Minister for Defence regarding service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2004; No....
- Enforcement of Court Orders Bill 2006: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the making of attachment of earnings orders, attachment of welfare orders and instalment orders by the courts to...
- Defence Forces Service: Motions (2 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the report by the Minister for Defence regarding service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2004, copies of which were laid before Dáil...
- Social Welfare Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed) (21 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Clár Díláraithe. (6 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta cad é an dul chun cinn atá déanta maidir le dílárú Fhoras na Gaeilge go Gaoth Dobhair, an bhfuil aon dáta socraithe...
- Irish Language. (4 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if the recent funding of €17,000 to the Dublin City Business Association to display Irish language Christmas lights...
- Rural Transport Services. (12 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he will report on his discussions with the Department of Transport on the provision of a rural transport service in...
- Ionad Oideachais Gaeilge. (8 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta an raibh comhráite idir é féin agus an Roinn Oideachais agus Eolaíochta maidir le hionad oideachais Gaeilge i mBaile...
- Countryside Access. (6 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the state of negotiations with the Irish Farmers Association regarding access to land for walkers; if he has committed...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Community Development. (15 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs his views on whether the RAPID programme has received sufficient resources to allow it to fulfil its mandate towards...
- Dormant Accounts Fund. (13 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the amount spent by his Department from the proceeds of the dormant accounts fund in each year for the past five years...
- Road Network. (8 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the timeframe for the delivery of the road improvements recently announced under the local improvement scheme in...
- National Drugs Strategy. (7 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs his views on Citywide's Cocaine in Local Communities follow-up survey. [42866/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Breeda Moynihan-Cronin...
- Social Welfare Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (74 speeches)
- Europol (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (12 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 in the name of Deputy Ó Snodaigh is out of order.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Public Transport: Motion (Resumed)
- Public Transport: Motion (Resumed) (66 speeches)
I will be sharing time with Deputies Glennon and Fiona O'Malley. One can understand why this Private Members' motion has been tabled but we should examine the causes of some of these problems...
- Houses of the Oireachtas Commission (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage (72 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Deputies will recall that the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission Act 2003 provided for the setting up of the Houses of the Oireachtas...
- Houses of the Oireachtas Commission (Amendment) Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (9 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Lands. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this important issue in the House. A number of years ago, the then Southern Health Board approved in principle the phased...
- Mental Health Services. (2 speeches)
Last week's "Prime Time Investigates" television programme starkly revealed the human suffering of those children and parents who have been abandoned by Ireland's under-resourced psychiatric...
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this matter. A number of constituents have contacted me about the unacceptable waiting times to get an appointment for assessment at St....
- Flood Relief. (2 speeches)
I have raised this matter so the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government might provide emergency funds to Roscommon County Council so that it might raise a number of roads in...