Wednesday, 6 December 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (155 speeches)
Yesterday, I raised the issue of the remarks made by the Minister of State, Deputy Tim O'Malley, who has responsibility for mental health. The Taoiseach replied that the Minister of State does...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies. (26 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the outcome of the meeting of the cross-departmental team on housing, infrastructure and PPPs which took place on 8 November 2006; and if he will make a...
- Order of Business (90 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 26a — Budget Statement and financial motions by the Minister for Finance at the conclusion of questions to members of the Government. It is proposed, notwithstanding...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2006, without amendment.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Social and Family Affairs has completed its consideration of the Citizens Information Bill 2006 and has made amendments thereto.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Postal Services: Motion (Resumed) (59 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Durkan on Tuesday, 5 December 2006:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Traffic Management. (23 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Transport the role in the management of traffic he envisages for the proposed Dublin transport authority, particularly in the locations most affected by the...
- National Development Plan. (19 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Transport the steps he will take to address the transport infrastructure deficit in the Border, midlands and western region in view of the transport...
- Rail Network. (18 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Transport if he is satisfied that public expenditure on rail upgrades, improvements and infrastructure since 2002 is delivering the maximum value for money;...
- Public Transport. (35 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Transport his views on the application by CIE for a 9% increase in fares for 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41996/06]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Rail Network. (31 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason for the delay in signing the railway order for the Kildare route project. [41644/06]
- Road Safety. (23 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Transport if he has received the 2005 road collision fact book; and when he will lay it before the Houses of the Oireachtas. [41629/06]
- Taxi Regulations. (9 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Transport, further to Parliamentary Question No. 463 of 21 November 2006, if he has received a proposal from the Commission for Taxi Regulation in relation...
- Road Network. (28 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Transport the steps he is taking to ensure that the taxpayer receives value for money in relation to the construction and acquisition costs for major roads...
- Financial Resolutions 2006 (0 speeches)
- Budget Statement 2006 (264 speeches)
Before calling on the Minister for Finance, I remind Members that the budget documents being circulated remain confidential until the Minister has announced them.
- Allocation of Time: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the Financial Motions by the Minister for Finance shall for the purpose of debate be moved and grouped together in accordance with the...
- Financial Resolutions 2007 (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 1: Income Tax (61 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT, as respects the year of assessment 2007 and subsequent years of assessment, section 122 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997) is amended by substituting in the...
- Financial Resolution No. 2: Mineral Oils (41 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT for the purposes of the tax charged by virtue of section 95 of the Finance Act 1999 (No. 2 of 1999), that Act is amended, with effect as on and from 1 January 2007, by...
- Financial Resolution No. 3: Tobacco Products (2 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT for the purposes of the tax charged by virtue of section 72 of the Finance Act 2005 (No. 5 of 2005), that Act is amended, with effect as on and from 7 December 2006, by...
- Financial Resolution No. 4: Value-Added Tax (42 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT the level of the turnover from taxable supplies below which persons shall not, unless they otherwise elect, be taxable persons be increased to €35,000 from €27,500 in respect...
- Financial Resolution No. 5: Value-Added Tax (1 speech)
I move: (1) THAT the rate of flat-rate addition to the consideration in respect of the supply of agricultural produce or an agricultural service by a flat-rate farmer be increased from 4.8 per...
- Financial Resolution No. 6: General (1 speech)
I move Financial Resolution No. 6: THAT it is expedient to amend the law relating to inland revenue (including value-added tax and excise) and to make further provision in connection with finance.