Tuesday, 5 December 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Summits. (62 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the recent meeting of the European Council in Lahti, Finland; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35497/06]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Nursing Homes. (19 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if her attention has been drawn to further reports on Leas Cross or on the nursing home inspection system which have not been published...
- Hospitals Building Programme. (34 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on a new report from the board of Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin, which called for a review of the decision...
- Hospital Charges. (48 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the basis on which her Department has estimated the sum of €111 million as the loss of revenue of private beds to public hospitals...
- Care of the Elderly. (6 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on the lack of provision made for specialist medicine for older people in the buildings of three major Dublin hospitals; her...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Nursing Home Inspections.
- Nursing Home Inspections. (37 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she is satisfied that the Health Service Executive has a robust, uniform, national inspection system in place for nursing homes as it...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Neville — the position...
- Leaders' Questions (109 speeches)
On Leaders' Questions, I call Deputy Kenny.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (10 speeches)
I wish to seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to raise a matter of national importance, namely, the post office network which is heavily dependent on four corporate clients...
- Order of Business (73 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be No. 13, proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the National Economic and Social Development Office Act 2006 (Establishment Day) Order 2006; No. 14, referral to...
- National Economic and Social Development Office Act 2006 (Establishment Day) Order 2006: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: National Economic and Social Development Office Act 2006 (Establishment Day) Order 2006, copies of which have been laid in draft...
- Bovine Diseases (Levies) Regulations 2006: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Bovine Diseases (Levies) Regulations 2006, copies of which were laid in draft before Dáil Éireann on...
- Official Languages Act 2003 (Section 9) Regulations 2006: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Order of the 21st November, 2006 referring the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the Official Languages Act 2003 (Section 9) Regulations 2006 in draft, to the Joint Committee...
- Industrial Development Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (3 speeches)
As there are no amendments on Report Stage, we will proceed to Fifth Stage in accordance with an order of the House today.
- Patents (Amendment) Bill 1999: From the Seanad (7 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (26 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 15:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Postal Services: Motion (103 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, acknowledges the: central role and function of the post office and postal services in the social and economic life of the country; commitment of the post office,...
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Messages from Select Committees. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimates for Public Services for the service of the year...
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (44 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 17:
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (20 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Is cúis áthais dom an Bille tábhachtach seo a chur faoi bhráid na Dála. The British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2006 comprises a...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief. (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter for the people of Crossmolina. Last weekend there was major flooding in the Crossmolina area in which many homes and...
- Health Services. (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue and the Minister for replying to it. It is a serious situation in which the HSE has failed to provide a physiotherapist...
- School Accommodation. (3 speeches)
This matter concerns some 1,000 students and 100 teachers and ancillary staff at three schools in Clonakilty. This is a case of outrageous discrimination against the people of Clonakilty by the...