Wednesday, 25 October 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (68 speeches)
All over the country people are out fundraising for vital life-saving equipment. They are running marathons, holding coffee mornings and doing trick-or-treat campaigns. It is only a short time...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (27 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff in his Department who have applied for relocation under the decentralisation programme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28210/06]
- Benchmarking Awards. (7 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the cost which has accrued to his Department in respect of the payment of the benchmarking pay awards; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28211/06]
- Programmes for Government. (41 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of An Agreed Programme for Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28212/06]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (42 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, motion re statement of expenditure for Houses of the Oireachtas; No. 13, Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006, Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage; No. 1,...
- Statement of Estimates for Houses of the Oireachtas Commission: Motion (1 speech)
No. 9 is a motion re statement of Estimates for the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission. The Houses of the Oireachtas Commission Act states that this motion can be moved by a member of the...
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (63 speeches)
Bill again recommitted in respect of amendment No. 4:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Enlargement. (9 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has discussed the upcoming accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the European Union with his European counterpart Ministers, with...
- Foreign Conflicts. (14 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on whether genocide has taken, and is taking place in Darfur; and the most recent and explicit proposals that have been made by...
- Nuclear Disarmament Initiative. (11 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps being taken by his Department to convey Ireland's condemnation of recent nuclear testing to the North Korean regime; the further...
- Northern Ireland Issues. (22 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if it is the Government's view that a referendum may be necessary on the St. Andrews agreement and, if so, his views on the circumstances of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (14 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will report on his speech to the UN General Assembly in September 2006; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34477/06]
- Emigrant Support Services. (10 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the funding for Irish emigrant groups in England providing services for Irish emigrants; and if he will make a statement on the matter. ...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Gogarty — that the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Health Services: Motion (Resumed).
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources has completed its consideration of the National Oil Reserve Agency Bill 2006 and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Asylum Support Services.
- Asylum Support Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. It concerns the conversion in Clondalkin village of what was an hotel to an accommodation facility for asylum seekers. In...
- Sugar Beet Industry. (4 speeches)
In the short time available, I wish to raise the refusal of Greencore to honour the Labour Court's recommendation on paying the correct redundancy settlement to the former workers of Irish Sugar....
- Motor Taxation. (2 speeches)
This is a very important matter and I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to debate it. Last year it was estimated that one in ten motorists were guilty of motor tax evasion....