Wednesday, 18 October 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (117 speeches)
Why do the Taoiseach and the Government take the attitude that the elderly are so tedious and valueless? Is it because of age itself, that the elderly have in some way withered beyond their...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Appointments to State Boards.
- Appointments to State Boards. (41 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the appointments made by him since June 2002 to the State boards or other agencies under his aegis; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28199/06]
- Standards in Public Office. (44 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if, in view of recent comments of the Standards in Public Office Commission, he has plans to amend the code of conduct for office holders; and if he will make a...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (28 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a16, statements on Northern Ireland; No. 12, Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006 — motion to instruct the committee; No. 1, International Criminal Court Bill...
- Northern Ireland Issues: Statements (14 speeches)
I propose to share my time with the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform. The two Governments and the Northern Ireland political parties met last week between 11 and 13...
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Instruction to Committee (10 speeches)
In the Official Report, 28 March 2006, vol. 617, col. 62, while I welcomed a single debate on the Criminal Justice Bill 2004, I indicated to the House that when new matter is introduced to a Bill...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Price Inflation. (11 speeches)
Question 83: To ask the Minister for Finance if he is satisfied that the pricing of services provided or regulated by Government is contributing adequately to containing price pressures in the...
- Drug Seizures. (9 speeches)
Question 84: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the recent drugs seizure from a flight that left from Weston Executive Airport in County Kildare; his further views on the lack of...
- Motor Fuels. (6 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the provision of exemptions to licensed hauliers to enable them to use green diesel fuel for deliveries within this jurisdiction; and if...
- Fiscal Policy. (21 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Finance if he is satisfied with the proposals for value for money reviews being put forward by Departments; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Air Services. (17 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Finance the role played by his Department in the IPO sale of Aer Lingus shares or in the subsequent sale of 7% of the over-allotted share option; and the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Tax Code. (44 speeches)
Question 88: To ask the Minister for Finance the plans he has to modify the VAT charges which are imposed on home care arrangements in order to ease the burden on families in coping with care...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Gay Mitchell — to...
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Instruction to Committee (Resumed) (14 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources (Mr. N. Dempsey) today:
- International Criminal Court Bill 2003: From the Seanad (17 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (83 speeches)
Bill recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 1 and 97.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Road Traffic (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed).
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Pension Provisions. (2 speeches)
I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter and I thank the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Seán Power, for coming in to...
- Sexual Health. (2 speeches)
Sex and sexuality are core dimensions of the human experience and are important contributors to our general well-being. In Ireland sex is a topic much speculated on and eloquently written about...
- Air Services. (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue, the future of Aer Lingus. I wish to share time with Deputies Broughan and Shortall. The proposed takeover of Aer...