Thursday, 12 October 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (196 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Second Stage.
- Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." This amending legislation responds to a number of issues, some of which have been raised by industry as matters of concern for Irish companies....
- Road Traffic (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: First Stage (6 speeches)
If the House is agreeable, we will now take a Private Members' Bill proposal that would normally be taken on the Order of Business.
- Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (40 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (14 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence the role Irish troops will play in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon, UNIFIL II; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32434/06]
- Defence Forces Personnel. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the recent report, A Voyage of Understanding; his views on the report's findings of low morale in the Naval...
- Overseas Missions. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence if, further to his commissioning of an Army inquiry into the events at Niemba, Congo on 8 November 1960, preliminary findings have been made; when the...
- Defence Forces Ombudsman. (4 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence if any of the 12 reports received by him from the Ombudsman for the Defence Forces to date recommended or stated that a complainant had been wronged...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Property.
- Defence Forces Property. (8 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence when the training hall will be constructed on Slievenamon Road, Thurles, County Tipperary for the local Reserve Defence Force unit; when protective...
- Overseas Missions. (19 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will offer a commitment that no member of the Defence Forces will be ordered to participate in EU battle group activities overseas; and if he...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (19 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence if there has been an increase in the number of female applicants to the Defence Forces since the reduction in the height requirement; and if he will...
- Bullying in the Workplace. (4 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the ongoing bullying and harassment of PDFORRA officials within the Defence Forces; and the steps he will take to...
- Defence Forces Staff. (5 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on concerns expressed by the PDFORRA General Secretary at their annual conference that agreed procedures and criteria laid down by Defence...
- Defence Forces Inquiry. (6 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Defence the situation with regard to the investigation into the death of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32333/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Catherine Murphy — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Prison Accommodation. (7 speeches)
On 31 July, a 20 year old prisoner, Gary Douch, made a request to prison officers in Mountjoy for protection. They placed him in a holding cell in the basement with at least five other inmates,...
- Traffic Management. (4 speeches)
I would like the Minister for Finance to explain the OPW's new transport policy for the Phoenix Park. The residential community surrounding the park is concerned about the new transportation and...
- Services for People with Disabilities. (4 speeches)
In the past, we were told it was possible to predict the life chances of babies by looking at their addresses in the maternity ward. The addresses to which this statement alluded tended to be in...
- Planning Issues. (6 speeches)
Ongoing media reports about the sale by Dublin City Council of 23 acres of land in the area of Balgriffin, Clare Hall and Belmayne in the Dublin North-East constituency have raised serious...