Tuesday, 17 October 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies. (13 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the progress made to date by the quality customer service working group within his Department established under the strategic management initiative; and if he...
- Official Engagements. (45 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the foreign visits he plans to undertake during the remainder of 2006; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28197/06]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Direct Payment Schemes.
- Direct Payment Schemes. (11 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to address the burden of cross-compliance; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [33026/06]
- Food Safety Standards. (6 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the fact that the Brazilian laboratories tasked with ensuring Brazilian beef for export is free from banned hormones and...
- Energy Policy. (15 speeches)
Question 110: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her Department has carried out an analysis of the impact of high energy prices on farmers and the food industry; the steps she plans...
- Milk Quota. (16 speeches)
Question 111: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the position regarding her plans to deal with milk quota; if she is committed to it in the long term; the advice she would offer to a...
- Afforestation Programme. (7 speeches)
Question 112: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the forestry planting rates for the past 15 years; if these are meeting existing targets; the reason for the fall-off in planting in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Food Labelling. (19 speeches)
Question 113: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to ensure that country of origin labelling is clear and transparent to the public; and if she will make a...
- Afforestation Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 114: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to encourage the planting of forestry; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [32767/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies McHugh, Connaughton and...
- Visit of Scottish Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to the Right Honourable George...
- Leaders' Questions (63 speeches)
We are always happy to welcome our Scottish colleagues to Ireland. I wish to ask the Taoiseach a number of questions on the ESB regulatory pricing regime. The Taoiseach will be aware that on 1...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (11 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (76 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion regarding the proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the Protocol on Explosive Remnants of War, referred to as Protocol V, of the Convention on...
- Protocol on Explosive Remnants of War: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Protocol on Explosive Remnants of War (referred to as 'Protocol V') of the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain...
- Disability Act 2005: Motion (10 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, in accordance with section 31 (6) of the Disability Act 2005, approves of the sectoral plans which have been prepared by the following Ministers: Minister for Health...
- Nuclear Test Ban Bill 2006: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to give effect to the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10 September 1996; and to provide for related matters.
- Nuclear Test Ban Bill 2006: Second Stage (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The purpose of this Bill is to enable the transposition into Irish law of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. The Nuclear Test Ban...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Road Traffic (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Second Stage.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- School Closures. (6 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputies Connaughton and Callanan.
- Education Centre Network. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the matter of Tanagh Outdoor Education Centre, which is situated between Cootehill and Rockcroory in County Monaghan. The centre is operated...
- School Transport. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise the matter of the school bus transport system. I have pursued this issue, through various channels, since the beginning of the year but I regret my...