Tuesday, 27 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Interdepartmental Committees. (80 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the May 2006 meeting of the cross-departmental team on infrastructure and public private partnership; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Proposed Legislation. (6 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the status of the implementation of the animal medicines regulations; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [24579/06]
- Farm Incomes. (6 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the fact that only 22% of those engaged in farming obtained their full income from farming; and if she will make a statement...
- EU Directives. (10 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the status of the nitrates directive and its implementation; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [24580/06]
- Animal Welfare. (6 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the EU Presidency conclusions which insist on the setting up of a European network of scientific institutes and laboratories...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Regulations. (7 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she is satisfied that the same regulations are applied on the import of lamb direct from the UK or via Northern Ireland from the UK;...
- Price Inflation. (10 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the average rise in the cost of steel over the past five years; if her attention has been drawn to the impact which same is having on the...
- Food Labelling. (11 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the discussions she has had with the Food Safety Authority of Ireland on the enforcement of the food labelling laws; and if she will make...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy McCormack — the need...
- Leaders' Questions. (218 speeches)
These are interesting times in Irish politics. Last week I asked the Tánaiste if there was any trouble in Paradise. I remind the Taoiseach that today is the feast day of Our Lady of Perpetual...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Business of Dáil. (1 speech)
Before calling on the Taoiseach, I am pleased to announce that it is agreed by the Committee on Procedure and Privileges that from today, for a trial period, computers are available to Members in...
- Order of Business. (82 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, motion re leave to introduce Supplementary Estimate, Vote 40; No. 13, motion re referral of Supplementary Estimate, Vote 40, to select committee; and No. 19,...
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Leave to Introduce. (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending 31 December 2006: Vote 40 — Health Service Executive (Supplementary).
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending 31 December 2006, the Supplementary Estimate be referred to the...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2004: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Justice Bill 2004: Report Stage. (67 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 13, line 5, to delete "POWERS" and substitute "FUNCTIONS". This is an amendment to the longest Long Title of a Bill I have seen in my time in the House, which is...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Criminal Law (Home Defence) Bill 2006: Second Stage. (71 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I propose to share time with my colleagues, Deputies Kenny, Deenihan and Crawford.
- Criminal Justice Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed). (206 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 9:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
On Monday last week an article appeared in the Irish Independent quoting from an internal Health Service Executive document, dated April 2006, entitled Framework for Progressing Co-Location of...
- Inland Waterways. (2 speeches)
I am grateful to the Chair for giving me the opportunity to raise what is a very important issue for my constituents especially and, indeed, anyone who cares about the environment. The mission...
- School Staffing. (7 speeches)
I previously put down a question with regard to St. Joseph's school, Killenummery, Dromahair, as there were 50 pupils on the roll for September 2006, which is one above the appointment figure....
- Housing Management Companies. (4 speeches)
The practice of local authorities making it a condition of planning permissions for housing developments that an estate management company be established has got out of hand. Young first-time...