Wednesday, 14 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (43 speeches)
On 30 May last year, the country was astounded to see the "Prime Time Investigates" programme showing disgraceful scenes at the Leas Cross nursing home in Dublin, including patients with...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Commemorative Events. (23 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the amount allocated in the Estimates in his Department for 2006 for commemorations; the way in which this money will be allocated; and if he will make a...
- Constitutional Referenda. (43 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of the recommendations of the All-Party Committee on the Constitution; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with one notice under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (64 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, motion re Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998; No. 1, Employment Permits Bill 2005 — amendments from the Seanad; No. 23, National Sports Campus...
- Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998: Motion. (23 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann resolves that sections 2 to 12, 14 and 17 of the Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998 (No. 39 of 1998), shall continue in operation for the period of 12...
- Employment Permits Bill 2005: From the Seanad. (11 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Acht na dTeangacha Oifigiúla.
- Acht na dTeangacha Oifigiúla. (10 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta cad é an dul chun cinn atá déanta maidir le feidhmiú Acht na dTeangacha Oifigiúla sa Státchóras go dtí seo agus an...
- Departmental Programmes. (5 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the main findings of the recently published independent evaluation of the RAPID programme commissioned by POBAL; if he...
- Visit of Northern Ireland Assembly Delegation. (1 speech)
Before calling the Minister, on my behalf and on behalf of the Members of the House, I welcome the group of MLAs from the Northern Ireland Assembly which is visiting us today.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (2 speeches)
The House will resume on Question No. 41.
- National Drugs Strategy. (13 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if, in view of his responsibility for co-ordinating the implementation of the National Drugs Strategy 2001 to 2008,...
- Drugs and Crime in Ireland Report. (6 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if his attention has been drawn to the recently published report Drugs and Crime in Ireland; the additional measures he...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Water and Sewerage Schemes.
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (11 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if the CLÁR programme will be of assistance to the Achill Sound sewerage scheme, County Mayo in view of the fact that...
- National Drugs Strategy. (6 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if the working group established to develop an integrated rehabilitation service as part of the fifth pillar of the...
- Offshore Islands. (8 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the role his Department plays and will play in the future of the Blasket Islands, County Kerry. [22791/06]
- Tourism Promotion. (6 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he will provide details of the plan that was launched to promote tourism on the islands; his views on whether the...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Health (Repayment Scheme) Bill 2006, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Connolly — to discuss...
- National Sports Campus Development Authority Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- National Sports Campus Development Authority Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages. (20 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 7, line 9, after "generally" to insert ", with special emphasis on female participation". Since the Joint Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and...
- Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (34 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Transport has completed its consideration of the Sea Pollution (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2003 and has made amendments thereto.
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Transport has completed its consideration of Vote 32 for the year ending 31 December 2006, Vote 32.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Human Rights Issues: Motion (Resumed). (60 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy M. Higgins on Tuesday, 13 June 2006:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Employment of People with Disabilities.
- Employment of People with Disabilities. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this item for debate. I have been approached by a number of families who find that there is no work outlet for the disabled member of the family. Such...
- Site Acquisitions. (3 speeches)
Will the Minister for Education and Science immediately earmark a three-acre site on the Tipperary institute campus on the Frank Drohan Road in Clonmel, which has been identified as the preferred...
- Compensation Payments. (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for his presence. The farming community in the Shannon callows area, in the general Clonfert, Esker and Eyrecourt areas of County Galway and in areas of Roscommon, Westmeath...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an Cheann Comhairle as ucht an ábhar tábhachtach seo a roghnú le haghaidh díospóireachta. The Pallaskenry-Kildimo community in west Limerick comprises approximately...