Tuesday, 13 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (31 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his contacts with the parties in Northern Ireland. [17722/06]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (12 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on the findings of the European Environment Agency's report entitled State and Outlook 2005, which...
- House Prices. (20 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to the publication of the affordability index for house prices by EBS Building...
- Nuclear Policy. (19 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on whether Ireland's nuclear policy as presented by his Department's submission (details supplied) to...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (16 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the progress to date on his Department's climate change policy; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Seanad Elections. (13 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will promote in Government the need to expand the franchise of the university panels of Seanad Éireann...
- Sustainable Development Strategy. (4 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will make a statement on the progress to date on the national tidy towns competition. [22568/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Breen — that the...
- Leaders' Questions. (40 speeches)
I wish to raise a matter that is not a party political one but which might be of some assistance to the Taoiseach and the Government. Last week I met a number of emigrant groups and the lobby for...
- Death of Former Taoiseach: Expressions of Sympathy. (11 speeches)
It is with great sadness that I learned of the death of the former Taoiseach and leader of Fianna Fáil, Mr. Charles Haughey. His passing is a very sad occasion and marks the end of an era....
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (52 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of Ireland's contribution to the International Development Association's multilateral...
- International Development Association: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposals that Dáil Éireann approve, in accordance with Article 29.5.2° of Bunreacht na hÉireann, (i) Ireland's contribution of €58,640,000 to the International Development...
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages. (4 speeches)
Bill reported without amendment and received for final consideration.
- Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Social and Family has completed its consideration of Vote 38 for the year ending 31 December 2006.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Human Rights Issues: Motion. (24 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting that: —the State is not simply obliged by national and international law not to engage in torture, but also has positive obligations to ensure that torture...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue. Earlier this year the policy in the Health Service Executive western region towards patient transport was as...
- Accident and Emergency Services. (4 speeches)
I seek a commitment from the Minister for Health and Children, and I hope the Minister of State, Deputy Tim O'Malley, will give that commitment because we mean what we say in the matter of Mallow...
- Driving Tests. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter. It is an issue I raised almost a year ago, on 22 June 2005, and, unfortunately for my constituents, it has not yet been resolved....
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I am delighted to see the Minister of State, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, in the Chamber to respond to this matter. The long delays in the commissioning of a number of sewerage schemes in County Clare,...