Thursday, 22 June 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Visit of Northern Ireland Delegation. (1 speech)
Before proceeding with the business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to Ms Eileen Bell MLA, Speaker...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (199 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 19, Health (Nursing Homes)(Amendment) Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; and No. 2, National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage.
- Criminal Law (Home Defence) Bill 2006: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to establish a presumption that force used against an intruder is reasonable, to relieve householders of any civil liability to...
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (15 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (4 speeches)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health and Children, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the transfer of the share held by the Irish National Petroleum Corporation Limited in the National Oil Reserves Agency Limited to the Minister for...
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Second Stage. (63 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Molaim an Bille um an nGníomhaireacht Chúltaca Ola Náisiúnta don Teach. For the convenience of the House, a detailed explanatory memorandum...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Recruitment.
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence whether he has received the report commissioned to examine the height entry requirement for females and males into the Defence Forces; and if he will...
- Overseas Missions. (36 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Defence the legislative provision under which 1,000 Irish troops have been deployed in Kosovo; if he is satisfied that the mission in Kosovo was established by...
- Hearing Impairment Claims. (8 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of Army deafness claims that have been processed; the number of claims outstanding; the payment to claimants to date; the cost of fees paid...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (13 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the position regarding the deployment of ten military personnel to the Congo to assist in national elections; the type of work the personnel will be...
- Defence Forces Awards. (8 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will take steps to amend the time limit in the Defence Force's regulations governing the awarding of posthumous medals and decorations to allow...
- Overseas Missions. (80 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence when Irish troops will commence training in the EU established battle groups; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23963/06]
- Defence Forces Retirement. (9 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence the actions his Department has taken following a judicial decision in 2005 that fair procedures had not been followed in relation to the retirement of...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Neville — the Irish...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Suicide Prevention. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise the issue of the media guidelines for the portrayal of suicide which were launched yesterday in Dublin and Belfast on behalf of the Irish...
- Care of the Elderly. (6 speeches)
Tá mé thar a bheith buíoch den Cheann Comhairle as an seans an t-ábhar seo a thógaint. Ós rud é go bhfuil sé lonnaithe sa Ghaeltacht, labhróidh mé cúpla nóiméad i nGaeilge. Tá mé...
- School Enrolments. (5 speeches)
Will the Minister for Education and Science come to the House?
- House Prices. (4 speeches)
This country is facing a number of crises. We have all realised that a crisis exists in the health services, and a drug epidemic is sweeping the country, especially in terms of cocaine. Figures...