Tuesday, 9 May 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (1 speech)
I wish to make a correction to the Order Paper. Questions on the supplementary Order Paper circulated to Members will be taken first by the Taoiseach.
- Centenarian Bounty. (95 speeches)
Question 1[i]a[/i]: To ask the Taoiseach the new terms and conditions of the centenarians' bounty; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13424/06]
- Northern Ireland Issues. (18 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the action which will be taken arising from the report of the Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights on the report of the independent...
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (8 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of staff who work in the military archives section at Cathal Brugha Barracks; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17424/06]
- Overseas Missions. (8 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the concerns expressed by the survivors of the Niemba ambush in the Congo in 1960 regarding their treatment by the...
- Defence Forces Property. (4 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Defence when the Air Corps began discussions with the Irish Aviation Authority regarding the proposed changes to airspace at Weston that will see Casement...
- Overseas Missions. (8 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on the Irish mission in Liberia and Sierra Leone; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17425/06]
- Commemorative Events. (4 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Defence if, in view of the success of the Easter commemoration, he intends to make this an annual event; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17426/06]
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Property.
- Defence Forces Property. (8 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to improve the facilities, including increasing the number of personnel and extending the accommodation at the military archive, Cathal...
- Fisheries Protection. (12 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Defence if the Naval Service has the equipment to enable it to carry out satellite monitoring of fishing vessels; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Army Compensation Claims. (11 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of cases which have been subject to review under the compensation rule since 2000 in respect of injury and disease; and if he will make a...
- Overseas Missions. (30 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Defence the legislative changes which are required to enable Ireland's participation in EU battle groups; when same will be published; and if he will make a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Moynihan — the...
- Leaders' Questions. (20 speeches)
It is appropriate that I refer to Europe Day and the participation of Members from all parties in the structured debate tomorrow. However, I wish to ask the Taoiseach about another matter. He...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I call Deputy Olivia Mitchell.
- Order of Business. (101 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; No. 12, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or in the Resolution of the Dáil of 6th June, 2002, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked,...
- Proposals on Accession of Republic of Bulgaria and Romania to European Union: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approve the terms of the treaty concerning the Accession of the Republic of Bulgaria and Romania to the European Union, done at Luxembourg on 25...
- International Criminal Court Bill 2003: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- International Criminal Court Bill 2003: Report Stage. (126 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 arises out of Committee Stage proceedings.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Energy Sector: Motion. (74 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, mindful of the continued increase in the costs of energy arising from global instability and the threat this presents to our economy coupled with the economic impact...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Cross-Border Projects. (12 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this sensitive issue. It relates to the employment practices and recruitment policy of Safefood, an all-island agency responsible for food protection on...
- National Health Strategy. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to discuss the need for a national sexual health strategy and I always take the opportunity to do so when it arises. I have been afforded the opportunity this...
- National Development Plan. (11 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak of the under spending in the National Development Plan 2000-2006. The plan was negotiated under Agenda 2000 and set up the BMW and the southern and eastern...
- Citizenship Applications. (2 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important matter. Will the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform explain why the wait for a certificate of...