Tuesday, 30 May 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (52 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if an agenda has been received for the June 2006 EU summit; his priorities for the summit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [14869/06]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry. (17 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources with regard to the €1,000 which has been allocated to tourism angling in the Revised Estimates for 2006, the...
- Telecommunications Services. (14 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will report on the recently established digital terrestrial television pilot; the timeframe for a national...
- Broadcasting Legislation. (6 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources further to recent comments by the European Commissioner for Media, Ms Viviane Redding, that the regulation of...
- Telecommunications Services. (16 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will use the occasion of the transfer of ownership of Eircom to set out new ground rules with precise...
- Energy Regulation. (22 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will bring forward measures to establish a consumer panel or a mechanism within CER to strengthen the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Fisheries Protection. (20 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he has received and reviewed a report (details supplied) on the management and conservation of fish stocks on...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Deenihan — the need for...
- Leaders' Questions. (129 speeches)
As a public representative and a father, I am appalled by today's decision by the High Court which releases a pervert back into society. The fact that a person who deliberately plied a young girl...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (106 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be No. 10, motion re European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006; No. 11, proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council framework decision on simplifying the...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Road Safety Authority Bill 2004, changed from Driver Testing and Standards Authority Bill 2004, without amendment.
- European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Order of the Dáil of 25th May, 2006, referring the European Communities (Amendment) Bill 2006 to the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs, be discharged and that the Bill be...
- Council Framework Decision: Motion. (14 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of the following...
- Institutes of Technology Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (13 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Institutes of Technology Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Institutes of Technology Bill 2006 be referred to the Select Committee on Education and Science under Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Courts (Register of Sentences) Bill 2006: Second Stage.
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has completed its consideration of the National Sports Campus Development Authority Bill 2006 and has made...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Disabled Drivers. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise this important matter and the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy Gallagher, for taking it. There is an urgent need to...
- Rail Services. (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy Gallagher. He will be aware that rail services are the poor relation to our road network when it comes to investment. No new...